Miller Knife Works

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Beauchamp said:
Brandon are you going to be doing another one with the black and grey g10 material soon?
At some point yes. My next one is going to be black and grey, but it is spoken for. I would have to order more handle material to make any more.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
BrandonM(TWSS) said:
My next one is going to be black and grey, but it is spoken for.
Well hell, I knew I should have spoke up sooner. Definitely mark me down on a waiting list for black and gray (or similar). Your knives look amazing and unlike Bill Coye and the like you price them so us common folk can budget for one.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you. I appreciate that. The Coye knives are worth it. I will have to start slowly raising prices per batch of knives I do. Currently after I buy the materials and pay for heat treat I make minimum wage or less. Better equipment down the road will make things a little faster and so will having more experience. Knife making is labor intensive.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I am sure Coye Knives are worth it but in a world of rent, car payment, guns and ammo it just isn't in the budget. Not to mention I would rather support a fellow okie trying to get established.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Josh Beauchamp said:
I am sure Coye Knives are worth it but in a world of rent, car payment, guns and ammo it just isn't in the budget. Not to mention I would rather support a fellow okie trying to get established.
Coye lives in Tulsa if I remember correctly.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh damn, I thought Coye was down in Texas for some reason. I would still rather support the guy try to establish his business.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Pics 2 & 3 of this thread show a roughneck with a full flat grind. Are you doing any more of those or maybe a hollow grind?

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have the equipment yet to do a hollow grind. The full flat in the pics was the first roughneck I made. I've changed to a high flat grind with larger jimping and even make a recess where the jimping is to get a better purchase with your thumb. I can pretty much always make changes for a customer upon request. I'd have to have a deposit though for something customized. I've had a lot of interest and some requests. Sorry I'm not more available due to work, school, and family. I should have more time for knives in June.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
1095 Steel at 60RC
6.75" Overall length
1.5" Height.
3.25" blade length
Cold blue and bleach finish
Black G-10 handle material
Gray liner
5/16" Corby Bolt fastener
Kydex sheath
Small Tek-lok belt attachment. Adjustable for right or left hand use.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
BrandonM(TWSS) said:
I don't have the equipment yet to do a hollow grind. The full flat in the pics was the first roughneck I made. I've changed to a high flat grind with larger jimping and even make a recess where the jimping is to get a better purchase with your thumb. I can pretty much always make changes for a customer upon request. I'd have to have a deposit though for something customized. I've had a lot of interest and some requests. Sorry I'm not more available due to work, school, and family. I should have more time for knives in June.
It's June. We are waiting...

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I placed an order for about 700 dollars in materials. There should be more to come soon. Life is always kicking you in the junk.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually spent the money I had planned to use to replace the pistol I had to sell to move to Bixby. Hopefully the new batch sells and I can have more money to play with than the original 700.00. Also, plan to see some 154cm stainless blades. I bought a good chunk of it. As well as a smaller thinner 154cm knife I'm working on.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
3/16" thickness
Full flat grind
Black G10
Gray spacers
Approx. 9" OAL
Kydex sheath with teklock
Finish is 2 coats of mustard and cold blue. buffed out with steel wool.