Miller Knife Works

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been making a few knives for a little while now. I figured it was time to start sharing them on this site also. I do this extremely part time at this point. I'm married with 4 kids, work full time, and am in school now full time. That's where my time goes. I hope to get better at knife making and have it be an actual side business instead of a hobby that lets me sell an occasional knife.

Some of my work,

A few in process. These will be the "Roughneck" series of knives. Pictured are the 8" and camp sized 10-11" version.

My current one called the "Roughneck". This blade will be offered in 3 different sizes. The one pictured is a carry size 6.75", there is a general purpose that is 8" and a camp size that will be 10-11", I need to play with that size to figure it out.

1095 Steel at 60RC
6.75" Overall length
1.5" Height.
3.25" blade length
Cold blue and bleach finish
Black and Gray G-10 handle material
Gray spacer
5/16" Corby Bolt fastener
Kydex sheath
Small Tek-lok belt attachment. Adjustable for right or left hand use.
8.2 OZ weight, knife and sheath.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
nice knife, looks extremely rugged.
I like that it looks like a real knife & not something over the top tactical or from a futuristic movie.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys. You could poke a man if you had to with it, but isn't that what we carry sidearms for? I agree, over the top isn't for me.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Right now I have the last one pictured with all the stats for sale. It's the carry 6.75" model. I have 8 of the 8" blades back from heat treat. They need handles, Patina, sheath, and sharpened. I will order the handle material after this one sells, They will probably be a few weeks out and then maybe one a week, hopefully. Let me know if you're interested.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a really good looking blade. I like the way the seath goes on the belt horizontally.

dennishoddy

Nice work. Are you going to do any Damascus? I love the looks of a Damascus blade, and I'm in agreement with the others. I want a knife you can use.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I will likely play with Damascus down the road. Now it's a bit cost prohibitive. A blade this size would cost over $100.00 just for the steel. Then there would be handle material, sheath, and labor. I'd have to charge 300 to 400 dollars for the same type of knife.

dennishoddy

Yeah, unless you have access to a hammer mill, the time factor involved wouldn't pay.

Watched a guy on TV that was using a home made forge, and using leaf springs to make knives, doing it with a 4lb hammer.

Id buy a 2.75-3" roughneck type with that nice drop point in a second, if it had a good finger choil for skinning and was moderately hollow ground. Just described a perfect deer knife

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is one I'm still working on. It's a "Roughneck" 8" version. Olympic dymondwood handle scales. I have to make a sheath, coat the handles with oil, and sharpen it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
dennishoddy said:
Love the laminated wood! I'm a fan of it.
I never have been a fan of that look. I don't mind the different shades of 1 color like grays & blacks but the multi-color laminates never "spoke" to me. That said the knife itself looks great & I definitely wouldn't mind having one (just with a different handle).

Brandon, I may need my wife to get one of these to put under the tree for me this year.
Maybe a black & gray laminate with a rugged hammered finish blade or something like that?

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Roughneck
1095hc Steel
3/16" thickness
3.75" blade length
8" overall length
Black and Orange G-10
Corby bolt fasteners
Acid etched patina
Kydex sheath with Teklock

Razor sharp

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Roughneck

1095hc Steel
3/16" thickness
3.75" blade length
8" overall length
Olympic Dymondwood grips
Corby bolt fasteners
Acid etched patina
Kydex sheath with Teklock
Razor sharp

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I got to handle that orange and black roughneck at the H&H match tonight. Its a damn sweet knife for sure. I may have to get one myself.

Latest posts