Maybe i'm getting old

DukeSoprano

Well-Known Fanatic
AS Bender states, I want to own them all, just not at the same time, or something like that.......

in regards to a few of the most popular semi custom makers:
First, I love my Wilson Combats, I have one in 45, 38 Super and 9mm, yes I love them all.
I have owned and Ed Brown and a Les Baer.....nothing wrong with them but I sold them.

I felt like trying Nighthawk and Guncrafter. Being more of a traditionalist I would like:
5", non bull barrel, non bob tail, no fancy "I want this gun to look like something from Star Wars cuts" no bomar style sights.................

I did find a good deal on a slightly used Falcon, nice gun

Browsing for a Guncrafter........
Looking at Guns International, Guns America, Gun Broker and all the dealers I know of and NOTHING, yes there are 100s of them for sale but trying to find one more traditional is almost impossible. A no name in 38 Super would be nice.

Yes I know I can order one, but I kind of think there should be some available on the open market rather then new fangled/fads which I guess there must be a market for, or maybe not, maybe thats is why the market is flooded with them.

Just venting,
Jeffrey

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
good luck Duke. they do not make too many models and people tend to keep them I think.

be persistent..it will pay off. just a warning though. their checking is close in s harpness to SA--kind of a meat grinder effect if you shoot it a lot. otherwise, a fine weapon or toy
happy , safe and healthy new year

DukeSoprano

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you gentlemen, I know Tyler and I know I can order one, someday I will :), it just seemed odd to me that the No Name was their flagship but now the market is flooded with everything but those.
You all have a safe New Year!

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Good luck in your search . Sometimes the thrill is in the chase . Sometimes I'll start out thinking "that'd be nice to have " . That turns into browsing for the fun of it . Before you know I'm on a quest for the Holy Grail .

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got the flagship model right here...

vHwhT7R.jpg

I'm sorry, guys, I know that I've posted a lot of pics of this pistol, but damn, I do love it.

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
Personally I like the Gi but would go with a Nighthawk as I prefer them overall.. And Jerry Hammond has always given me the best price on a Wilson or Nighthawk by a lot..