Many 1911 guys like cool watches too - what's on your wrist?

Ethanol Red

Well-Known Fanatic
My morning companion09D007A2-100B-438C-B8FB-C13C0009390F.jpegI love the simplicity of this one. Sometimes all I want is the time without any distractions. Zero dial markings are the ticket today.

Edit: I know the date is wrong but I can't read that tiny thing anyway. I didn't notice till I enlarged the picture. LOL

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Question for the watch guys, I'm not one.

Gents,

This Seiko auto winder was given to me by the widow of a gentleman that used to live next door to us. She was hoping to sell it. I kinda like it, being an auto winder an all.

I would like to make her an offer on it. I don't want to under pay and I don't want to over pay either. What would be fair to offer her?

IMG_20180922_151126.jpg

IMG_20180922_151449.jpg

Ethanol Red

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like a mid to late 80's lower level model. Base metal case. I would pay around $40-50.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
There is a guy on another gun forum who lives in my town that can clean up that Seiko and make that thing stand tall. It's a retirement side gig for him. Then get yourself a nice looking Hadley Roma bracelet from watchprince.com and you'll have yourself a nice looking timepiece there.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I broke out the ole miracle polishing rag tonight and got the spare "DNA" offa it. Now I gotta find the extra vintage Seiko band I have stored in some junk drawer somewhere.

View attachment 1179

View attachment 1180
If you don't find it I have two or three extra Hadley Roma bracelets I'm not using. Measure the width of the bracelet (assuming it fits properly) and post it and I'll see if any of mine are the same size and post them.

As we say in the 1911 world, measure between the frame tangs.

Last edited:

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
If you don't find it I have two or three extra Hadley Roma bracelets I'm not using. Measure the width of the bracelet (assuming it fits properly) and post it and I'll see if any of mine are the same size and post them.

Will do. I'll get some calipers and the watch. Stay tuned.

Barb

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you think I can tell time with what is on my wrist? Notta...but it is pricey..

watch.jpg

I just couldn't help myself..

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic

Okay, I got pulled into a family movie night, but the space between the rails, the size of the band at the watch measures 20mm / 0.80"

Let me know what you've got and how much?

Z

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay, I got pulled into a family movie night, but the space between the rails, the size of the band at the watch measures 20mm / 0.80"

Let me know what you've got and how much?

Z
Just like the three bears I have one too big, one too small, and one just right.

The top is a relatively new Seiko diver band. It's 22mm. Could probably be trimmed easily enough. Heavy rubber. The smudge on the left is just a smudge from some sweat under where the loop thing is usually parked (It got worn at some matches this summer). They are $25 new I think

The middle one is a Breitling style Hadley Roma, but I think it's for 19mm. Too skinny, but nearly new.

The bottom is the traditional Rolex Oyster style stainless by Hadley Roma. Measures 20mm. The clasp is scuffed from wearing it a couple of years but the DNA is free, as is the bracelet. I'm a large dude but have skinny wrists so you might have to put some links back in, as pictured. Not a lot of trouble. All of these are typically $25 to $40 new at Watch Prince so it's pretty easy to play Barbie dolls with your watches just like I do pistols and modern sporting rifles.

If you want one, send me an address. No charge to you. Heck, if you think more than one will work you can have all of them. They are just taking up space and will never get used, but don't feel obliged.
If they don't suit, we'll all still be friends.

fullsizeoutput_a9a.jpeg

Last edited:

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
The bottom is the traditional Rolex Oyster style stainless by Hadley Roma. Measures 20mm. The clasp is scuffed from wearing it a couple of years but the DNA is free, as is the bracelet. I'm a large dude but have skinny wrists so you might have to put some links back in, as pictured. Not a lot of trouble. All of these are typically $25 to $40 new at Watch Prince so it's pretty easy to play Barbie dolls with your watches just like I do pistols and modern sporting rifles.

If you want one, send me an address. No charge to you. Heck, if you think more than one will work you can have all of them. They are just taking up space and will never get used, but don't feel obliged.
If they don't suit, we'll all still be friends.

View attachment 1227

I did happen to find a decent band in my junk drawer over the weekend. I put it on this moring, but it's not going to work for me. Too small. I need one or two extra links, but there are none to be had.

I would love to try the Oyster style, especially since it has the link+ with it. I will PM you my address. I can send you a polishing rag or three for your kindness.

IMG_20180924_142712.jpg

Here is a photo of my only other watch .

IMG_20180924_142743.jpg

Z

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwe

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
This was my father's watch (don't worry he is still alive). He was going to sell it, so I offered to buy it. I still wear it on occasion. It is heavy for its size.

DCAF1D26-F701-4986-BF1A-3E498859D502.jpeg
4458C9EC-DDBA-4CC5-92FD-3098DFBF2C5D.jpeg

This is my travel watch/my other self winders are dead watch, since it is battery powered.

21D0C662-C540-46D1-B5D0-EE60FA3C49EE.jpeg

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
Being that for almost 40 years I've worked with my hands
in an industrial environment, my watches have always been
Like a Glock. Black, plastic, and as indestructible and easily replaced as possible.
Heck, I haven't worn a ring for as long due to the
danger it brings in as electric power plant.
So I have nothing to show.

But I am enjoying all these great time pieces!

Dan

Well-Known Fanatic
This is my only watch. I received it for my 10 years of service from my employer in 2004. Someday I would love to have a rolex in a 40mm sizeIMG_0917.JPG

Latest posts