MAGAZINES 1911A1.... WHAT IS BEST ???

cgiles

New Fanatic
I have used several, one not mentioned that I do like are the E-Lander mags. I also have Ed Brown which work well and no issues.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
YouTube channel Beretta9mmUSA used to push the Elander mags, never used or even seen one but as long as they work

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Thought I'd already offered my opinion on the best mag for a 1911..
the answer is......... one that works!

Seriously, I've owned a bunch of 1911's, different sizes, calibers, & along with them, a wide variety of brands of magazines.
I'm of the opinion that a properly set up 1911 should function properly with ANY brand magazine that's in spec..

One should use a mag in their 1911 that works..best determined by using a particular magazine in a specific 1911.
In my 40+ yrs shooting 1911's, I've had maybe 2 magazines that didn't work properly...they were cheap / junk mags.

If a 1911 is having an issue with a magazine, I'd see if it works in other 1911s..if it does ,
then take a look @ why it isn't working in a specific 1911.

I own / have owned / still own most the brands mentioned in this thread. I learned that Mec-Gar manufactures magazines for a number of
different firearm manufacturers. Many are stamper with the gun mfrg.'s name, & sell for a higher price than those sold my Mec-Gar.

Mec0Gar is my choice for most my handgun mags, if they make a mag for a specific gun,
it'll be the same mag as the factory uses, but sold at a more reasonable price..

Kokopelli

Fanatic
KimPro mags for me. I have two dozen or so that I've used for over ten years. I've shot thousands of rounds through several different brands of 1911's and never had a failure.. Midway has them for $21 each.

Ohrings

Fanatic
I have used MecGars for years and have been very happy. I also had a box full or 7 round 1911 mags that I wanted to get rid of until a buddy told me about Ed Brown mags. They had a trade in for new 1911 mags. Pay $10 for each mag ($15 for black nitride) you trade in and get a new 8 round. Follow link: https://www.edbrown.com/magexchange/

Latest posts