Mag cleaning day

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
After you clean your mags,. Do you spray the inside of the tubes with Rem Dri or any other dry PTFE?

After years of shooting in dirty dusty conditions NMC with M1A + M14 mags, using Dry PTFE treatment after routine yearly cleaning, the Teflon treatment
left a slick dust & dirt repelling surface. Many competitors use this trick to keep their mags free from failures.

Teflon is not a lube, however it's easy to understand that a slick pit free surface will run cooler & more reliably than a surface with pits & holes.
Dri-Lube from Remington is not the only Dri PTFE CRC makes a great one as well. Sometimes dry slick is better than wet grease or oil that attracts grits & grimes.

I have used this Rem Dri lube for years on women's purse revolvers without grit & purse dirt buildup & without any grease & oil.
I just know from years of using this dry PTFE in all my mags it really works well & it is keeping them cleaner.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
After you clean your mags,. Do you spray the inside of the tubes with Rem Dri or any other dry PTFE?

After years of shooting in dirty dusty conditions NMC with M1A + M14 mags, using Dry PTFE treatment after routine yearly cleaning, the Teflon treatment
left a slick dust & dirt repelling surface. Many competitors use this trick to keep their mags free from failures.

Teflon is not a lube, however it's easy to understand that a slick pit free surface will run cooler & more reliably than a surface with pits & holes.
Dri-Lube from Remington is not the only Dri PTFE CRC makes a great one as well. Sometimes dry slick is better than wet grease or oil that attracts grits & grimes.

I have used this Rem Dri lube for years on women's purse revolvers without grit & purse dirt buildup & without any grease & oil.
I just know from years of using this dry PTFE in all my mags it really works well & it is keeping them cleaner.
The only item in the inside of my mags is a slight trace of FP-10. No other lube of coatings. P.S. I'm glad I got that over with last night.

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
I need to this as well. Do you mind me asking what you used to dunk the mags in, I take it you let them soak for awhile. Did you disassemble them as well ?
Thanks.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Look up "Dunk-it". You can only get it through Cylinder and Slide (Internet site) I've been using it for years. The best keep secret of all. It last a long time and works great. Only other thing you may need is a small air compressor. Cuts your gun cleaning time greatly. I love it. And yes they all get disassembled after the dunk. Works on the plastic(POLY) guns too.

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Look up "Dunk-it". You can only get it through Cylinder and Slide (Internet site) I've been using it for years. The best keep secret of all. It last a long time and works great. Only other thing you may need is a small air compressor. Cuts your gun cleaning time greatly. I love it. And yes they all get disassembled after the dunk. Works on the plastic(POLY) guns too.
Sounds good, I'm going to follow up on this, I do have a compressor, good tip too. Thanks.

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Some people think that the Cylinder & Slide solvent (D/IT) is too expensive. Me. I think that time wasted without it is too expensive. I've been hooked for many years.
Yes it sounds a little pricey, my first thought hnn how about mineral spirits.. I'll try it though, I know good products cost but their worth it.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Great minds and all that, I just did a "batch" of my mags a couple days ago. Good tip on the dunk-it.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
For degreasing etc do not forget that good ol cheap Automotive Brake spray cleaner. Cleans deep & is cheep > LOL ;)

I still like a dri-lube for all mags & firearms that are carried more than shot eg. ladies purses. Dri lube is a lube just not meant for heavy use.

Latest posts