Looking to Buy a Suppressor

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank for the info I'll have to research the new can's, to determine decibel decrease on them. I would only be in the market for a 308 and 22. 22 can first if I buy one for multiple use in rifles and pistols. Might just end up spending $700 on electronic ear protection.

DoubleTap

Fanatic
@Jesse, if you purchase a suppressor online, send me your info and the info where you purchased, ie: phone/fax and I will send a copy of my FFL/SOT info and they will ship it to me when the transfer goes through on there end. Then when I receive it, I'll contact you and we will fill your transfer form out from me to you with the proper signatures and fingerprint cards, send it off, then wait.......................................... Them when your Tax Stamp comes back approved, you will come to me and I will "transfer" the suppressor to you along with the tax stamp....

DoubleTap

Fanatic
I did have a small shop attached to my home, but I also have a construction company so I am working that full time... I just keep the FFL/SOT so I can supply as many Americans as I can with the best prices... :)

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
My .22 supressor probably gets more use than the 223 or 9mm can. You can buy a lot of different host for the 22 can that make it more versatile. My 9mm Trident will work on 9mm AR's as well as other carbines in that caliber with good result. On my M&P with 147gr. loads it sounds like a car door shutting. They don't get much use and I bought them before getting into 3 gun but like Jesse said, they are fun to pull out and show the occasional democrat that my wife invites over for dinner.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I don't hunt but I would have a can on my rifle if I did.

After shooting that Suppressed Glock 21 at the walking dead match I definitely need a pistol can too.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't hunt but I would have a can on my rifle if I did.

After shooting that Suppressed Glock 21 at the walking dead match I definitely need a pistol can too.

I supressed My AR for hunting its good and all, but I'd never want to use it on the range. We had a bit of a play the other day and put around 50ish rounds through it in 5 or so mins and it was way too hot to touch when i put it down in the grass hald way through it hissed on the dew.
Its a US made sonic one fits the AR thread and has baffels that can be removed, I shot with the all on to start with but it was far too smokey, They are a great way to fill a AR with soot when I gets one for competition I wouldnt bother with a supressor

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Everything I have shot that was subsonic was safe with out ear protection. The only calibers i consider hearing safe supersonic are .22lr and strangely enough 308. 9mm is ok as long as your out in an open field or something and the same for a GOOD .223 can. Everyone should start with a 22 supressor, don't be cheap save up until you can get a nice and you will be glad you did.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I'll let you hear my Element too GT. It's really quiet on my .22 pistol hosts with and without sub ammo.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Anyone local have a sparrow I can listen to. I'm 90% sure that's the can I want but nothing beats seeing/hearing one in person.

If I was closer, you could demo my Sparrow or the YHM Mite I have in stock. I have been very impressed with the Silencer Co products as have my customers. Their centerfired pistol cans are differrent than every body else's. I can do any OK transfers, but if there are Kansas members here, I can help you out.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I've got a SWR Spectre, maybe we should have silencer try before you buy shoot so GT can sample them all.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I've gotta be honest the main draw I have to the Sparrow is the way it comes apart for cleaning. It's such a pain to get one I just wanna make sure I'll be happy with it.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Most .22 cans will come apart. It's almost a necessity with .22 because its so dirty. I'd recommend stainless baffles so you can just throw them in with your brass or make a dip to eat the crud away on the baffles. Scraping off them is a real pain and you shouldn't dip or tumble aluminum.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Most .22 cans will come apart. It's almost a necessity with .22 because its so dirty. I'd recommend stainless baffles so you can just throw them in with your brass or make a dip to eat the crud away on the baffles. Scraping off them is a real pain and you shouldn't dip or tumble aluminum.

I can't think of any .22 cans off hand that don't disassemble.

Latest posts