Looking to Buy a Suppressor

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
man up and get a 308 can
AAC 7.62SD on a 10.5 Ar15

arrail.jpg

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I need to find me a can for my Buckmark! thinking the TS65 but would LOVE to have a 30 caliber can one day when I grow up but I'll start with the 22 can for now. Later,

Kirk

DoubleTap

Fanatic
Just a thought, but there may be some other BS'ers who don't live in Edmond, but maybe in other parts of the great State of Oklahoma that would like a "free" transfer... :)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Just a thought, but there may be some other BS'ers who don't live in Edmond, but maybe in other parts of the great State of Oklahoma that would like a "free" transfer... :)

I would like a free one! I bought my last can from Steve at Cold Hand Arms. If I bought one online for instance do I just send that manufacturer your class 3 license or something? I'm not familiar with the process.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic

I need to come over and say hello. I'm over in your neck of the woods. Do you have a shop there?

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm trying to wrap my mind around the suppressor itch. I have shoot a 9mm with a can only a 34 decibel decrease not much of a change for all the cost and paper work involved. With subsonic ammo it was cool to shoot, It's was awhile back that I had my hands on it, so i'm sure they are better now.

I watched the video of Santa Clause and I'm pretty sure its subsonic ammo. But it was cool and cheap way to shoot with out the noise. It's still $75 plus $200 for stamp.

So if you buy a can, you have the cost of the can say $400, for me $100 transfer fee & then $200 stamp.

Have cans been developed so the decibels are alot lower now with out subsonic ammo?

I understand the cool factor and not knocking someone who wants to buy one. I really believe you shouldn't have to buy a stamp for one so everyone can save their hearing. But unless they have improved I can't see spending $700 or more for a small noise decrease, where I would still have to wear hearing protection unless I use subsonic ammo. Am I wrong please school me If I am.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
They're not for everybody. My .223 can is hearing safe out of my 18" and 16" barrels. I don't like shooting more than a mag or two without ear pro but its definitely more than a 'small noise decrease'. And for hunting I won't be doing a lot of mag dumps so that's really where I'll be saving my hearing. My .22lr can is extremely quiet on my pistols with or without sub ammo. On a rifle it's quieter thank without the can but not as quiet as with the pistol. Definitely hearing safe for long range sessions. They are expensive. I was at the point where I had all the guns I wanted so I might as well keep expanding my collection with suppressors and a SBR. After a couple more cans and a SBS, I will probably start saving for the big one. Full auto. IMO a .22lr suppressor and .308 suppressor is all anybody ever needs. But diversity is what makes America great!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just want one to impress my friends and family that think you can't own one. If you're the only guy they know with a class 3 anything it doesn't matter how many times they stuck your head in the toilet or pulled your underwear up over your head in school. You're now officially the baddest ass they ever met!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
My 9mm can on my 5" AR is almost as quiet as a suppressed .22 when I use 147 grain subsonics.
I can also use that can for my .22 pistol so it has double fun duty.

Latest posts