Looking for a new optic

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
Over all I have a sight mark z series red dot but it seems that every time I take it out I am having to re zero it constantly with in a few weeks.

I was looking at the new OPMOD Strikefire that optic planet is rolling out http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-opmod-strikefire-ii-red-dot-with-cantilever-ar-15-mount-4moa-red-green-do.html

I was wondering if anyone has used a Strikefire II and how you are liking it. I will be using it for local matches as most don't go beyond 100 yards. But just want to know if they are any good durability wise and accurate wise do they hold a zero for more then a day or so of shooting. Is it worth the 200 bucks for the dot and the mount.

or

Should I go with the buy once cry once and go for a vortex viper 1-4 http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-viper-pst-1-4x24-riflescope.html and mount for a few hundred more considering I am hoping to hit some major matches in the next year.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm not a fan of the exposed turrets on the vortex. Viper 1-4.

I'll have OPMOD Vortex strikefire II tester soon.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I have almost the same model vortex and love it. I have the HS model, which I believe they no longer offer in the 1-4 range. It's the exact same specs, with capped turrets. It has been an great optic for me, although I know there are better (read more expensive) optics out there to be had.

Disclaimer: I'm just a weekend 3gunner and not a professional like the two BAMF's above!

Travis Colford

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm not a fan of the exposed turrets on the vortex. Viper 1-4.

I'll have OPMOD Vortex strikefire II tester soon.
Let me know how that tester works out.

As for the exposed turrets I can see that being a problem any other suggestions on a 1-4 that you like around the same price range.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Travis Colford said:
Let me know how that tester works out.

As for the exposed turrets I can see that being a problem any other suggestions on a 1-4 that you like around the same price range.
I own 4 Burris Tac30. You can get them used with a mount for $300 or less. Buy that and save up fit the Next step up which is the leupold VX 6 1-6 then the vortex razor HD II JM reticle then after that it's Swaro z6i w/brt reticle.