Long-time follower/first time introduction

Snowman45

Fanatic
Although I've followed this forum for quite some time, I'venever really taken the time to become as active in it as I should be. I'm originally from the San Joaquin Valley in California; so not the liberal part of the State. We moved to Arizona about two years ago to become reacquainted with freedom after retiring from law enforcement 5 years prior. 1911's have always been a very big passion of mine, and I've even built a few. Misplaced most of my 'smithing tools, so the 1911 purchases in the last few years have been mostly Springfields (but I like Colt's, too). Hope I can contribute something worthwhile from time to time.
Thanks for the welcome, Blackbeard.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey snowman45, welcome to Fanatics. Thank you for your service and congratulations on your retirement and your relocation. We like pictures, so post them up when you have the time.
Enjoy

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Snowman45 and congratulations on making it to a well deserved retirement and the re-enjoyment of the weapons you may not have had time (or freedom) for in the past.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Glad you joined us @Snowman45. I lived in the SJ valley also for several years. Did some time w/SJSO Reserves in the 80's. Had the chance to go sworn but didn't(divorce, move, etc.). Now I'm glad I stayed with my current job. The SJ valley is now just an extension of the SF Bay area. Overcrowded, traffic nightmare, crime rampant, Libs coming in from the B/A. I moved back closer to work so s not to deal with it. It used to be country. No more. Your in one of the 2 places I'm going to. AZ or TX. Retire & done. Don't let AZ turn Blue.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome to the real deal here Snowman45 nice caliber 45 in all my1911s. :D

Snowman 45 we are so glad you decided to join us. It's Snowflakes
we watch out for & never tell where we are. Hide in plain sight LOL.

@Snowman45 Said:
Misplaced most of my 'smithing tools,

Over there as it has become known over here, We had a Loaner tool sticky
started by @Eastwood1 . It helped out many members, I hope as we grow
here we can have a sticky loaner tool thread as well.

Enjoy yourself & get to know us here were the good guys & gals you know LOL.

colt5.jpg

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Louisiana!

Attachments

• ok1ir7-1 Sepia.jpg
    ok1ir7-1 Sepia.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3

DPM

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from GA, congrats on retirement always glad to hear it when a working man makes it !