Little Sahara

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone going up to SandFest next weekend? I'm going to the clay birdie shoot then going on up to the dunes. I was there at the first SandFest when I had my moster wreak so figure it's time to hit another big weekend. The little brother and some other buddies are gonna be out there drag racing and I hope there are some fast bikes as the Whitefield guys normally whip up on everyone :)

I'll be on tripod so no racing for me as after my wreak up there I've calmed down a little or it's age hell I don't know. If your gonna be there let me know I should be up there Saturday afternoon. Later,

Kirk

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Man I miss going to the Dunes. I had a fully built LT500R that was the scariest thing I have ever been on. I had so many close calls, I figured I either had to sell it or I was going to end up killing my self

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a few buddies going out this weekend. He is "debuting" his quad after its most recent rebuild.

306389_10150811124570319_633260318_21097813_419370870_n.jpg

dennishoddy

Big events like this are a love/hate thing for me. I love watching the fast guys, and the camp parties, but hate the crowds of newbs that tear through the trails, oblivious to anybody else.
I get some days off during the week on occasion. That's when you have the whole place to yourself. :D

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
We went a lot back in my early 20's. Here's my old rag.
AdamsQuad3.jpg

Got rid of it in 06. I rode this thing through hell and back a few times. Punched out, widened, and tweaked all it would take. She wasn't all that fast for drag racing, but in the woods or the mx track it was hard to beat.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I've just got my ol' 85 250R, it's not the fastest thing out there but for a 26 year old bike it's only on it's first bore and well it can be a little more fun than someone should have :)

The couple of bikes I know are going to be there will run in the 4.0 to 4.4 second 100 yards proably shouldn't be on the dunes without a wheelie bar but oh well ride it out LOL Kelly where's the little blue bottle? that's a raptor is it not? man you can shoot the juice to those things and they come alive! the bike looks familar though or at least that swingarm, you guys ever go down to Whitefield and run on the river?

Dennis, the first SandFest cost me close to $80,000.00 had some drunk ass cut in front of me and I hit hit close to 60mph but I can tell you while my "R" was messed up it wasn't in near the shape that Banshee was in. The guy was ok but well me on the other hand I got torn up pretty good main reason I got out of shooting the matches BUT things have gotten better with the ol' body to where I can get back into it YEA! so this will be the first big weekend I've been up there since 2002. I'm with ya on getting there Sunday at noon and staying a few days, middle of the week the sand has had enough time to smooth out a bit.

Adam I used to be there at least once a month from about 1985 to 2002 as we had a group that either we would meet there or I knew the folks and we would just all pile in and take off, I'm 41 now and don't ride near as hard as I used too! but I still like to get up there and just hit the trails, climb the stupidist hills I can find, drink beer and sit around and shoot the shat it has turned into not so much how much fuel can you run through but having a good time.

Anyone up there and see dude on a 250R with the last ever LRD pipe come on over and say hi were going to be camped up on the hill just look for a black crew cab chevy with a prarie dog in the crosshairs probably be a white chevy with the same sticker there's only 3 in Oklahoma :) Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Kirk, your going to have to make it to our big three wheeler meet we have every April.
Billed as the Oklahoma rampage. People on trikes show up from all over the country.
Ride all day, party all night. It's a total blast :D

dennishoddy

If Karma leaves me alone for a bit I should be able to make it up! sounds like a good time. Later,

Kirk

AHA!! Your well aware of our little meet! I'll put the pressure on Karma to hijack you next spring! :D

Hell, we will just come and take your ride by force, and you will have no choice to come to recover your ride, after I blast it across every dune on the place.:D

I HATE not having my 250R.

The SX will have to do though until I can find another one.

100_2278201024x768.jpg

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
Kirk I am not for sure if he does. I can't ride dirt bikes or four wheelers much anymore. Abused my knees pretty bad growing up and they never quite forgave me. You may have seen it before. The paint is fresh. Used to be candy apple red.

62242_10150278000395319_633260318_15080331_6744136_n.jpg

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
I am not sure on a lot of the details because damn near every part has been replaced. 8+ swing, nos, cam, I think every damn piece on the bike has been chromed. Even the front 'wheel' nuts.

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
I've only been to the dunes a handful of times. Never on a "busy" weekend. I'm convinced that the absolute best time to be there is during the fall/winter/spring right after a big rain storm has rolled through. Everyone bails and my buddies and I would have the place to ourselves on our 450 bikes. The dunes are fun, but not my cup of tea for riding. I prefer to be in the woods.

Someday you guys should pull the paddles and come to a race in the AtvMotion series with me.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I have regular shoes for my bike but I like the sand so I keep her sand shoes on :) I used to ride trails OFTEN! and I liked it but just like the dunes a little better.

I know what you mean about the knees, that wreak I split my kneecap in 3 pieces, patella tendon, shoulderblade fractures, and collar bone and after three surgeries on the knee it's gotten good enough that I can start getting back into the stuff I enjoyed. I used to run anywhere from 5-6 miles a day I'm back up to about 100 yards now and winded! BUT I'll get back to it since I don't hurt like hell after the little 100 yard trot.

If I see the bike I'll know it, there are several out there and I have seen some fast ones for sure. My little brother will have his R and Bill will be on his black and gray banshee so if you see use come on over and chat.

Dennis trust me dude it won't take much to get me up there and I'll even let you get some seat time on the R if you want I only have one rule and that's if ya break it ya fix it. I'm looking at a RZR so I might know where a danm nice 250R is that might be for sale ;-) Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
What an awesome weekend! cool, little rain, good friends, not many people, and only about got into one fight, AND the bike still runs LOL think I'm going to be saving pennies for a RZR XP! took Bills RZR S for a spin and some good folks let me take a ride in thier XP and oh that was the ****!!! smooth ride, jumps like it was made too, and it has a roll bar hehe better to keep my old ass from getting hurt.

Kelly, I didn't see you buds bike out there, did you guys make it? Later,

Kirk

RN&TULSAFIREMAN

Active Fanatic
Been there once with the oldest boy. Long rhaul for us but had a great time. Just a Honda 450 Foreman hunting rig and a bone stock Honda 220 Recon. Never tackled the big hill but still had a blast. The night rides are a lot of fun. Thank god for the strobe! Not sure I'd ever have got us back to the 5th Wheel without it. :)

dennishoddy

Yeah that strobe is nice. We went out for a night ride once, and a heavy fog set in. Our plan was to find the perimeter fence and follow it to the gate. I guess we found an area where the fence was down, because the trails petered out, and we finally came to the river. We spent a cold, wet night before the fog finally lifted. Followed our tracks and made it back.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been going so long as long as I don't think about what I'm doing I can find the gate at least on the South end :) I've been out there enough times when the strobe was out and I can vouch for the fog thing as I've been lucky enough to have got to play in it a couple of times and you can get turned around easy! even on a clear night you can get turned around out there, but talk about a bunch of stars! you can see a bunch.

I need to get a picture of tri-pod and post it up, it's not all chromed out and truth kinda homely looking BUT it runs good ;-) Later,

Kirk

Latest posts