Little Sahara

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Here ya go Dennis my ol' tripod

008-3.jpg

dennishoddy

Slick ride!! Dune Blaster for sure :D You have done a heck of a job keeping it up. Original air dams, and front fender. Is the back plastic new?

Who made the pipe? I had a Selvy's pipe, porting, and carb on mine. It kind of looks like an FMF?

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It's aftermarket plastic front and rear :-( the air dams are new Honda plastic that wreak kinda did the others in! took a lot of work to clean up the tank. The pipe is a two piece LRD pipe, last one they made! and from what ESR, FMF guys have said the best pipe ever built for the bike.

All I have done was bore the thing after I had it for 5 years and it had .013 gap around the piston, port timed (Redneck porting job) and dumped that 36mm carb for a bored out 38mm that is real close to 39.5mm, coolhead with a custom dome a buddy turned for me I had a place called Turfs Up make a new cover for the seat gotta say they did a hell of a job!

Thanks for the kind words! I like to keep my toys in shape. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

It's aftermarket plastic front and rear :-( the air dams are new Honda plastic that wreak kinda did the others in! took a lot of work to clean up the tank. The pipe is a two piece LRD pipe, last one they made! and from what ESR, FMF guys have said the best pipe ever built for the bike.

All I have done was bore the thing after I had it for 5 years and it had .013 gap around the piston, port timed (Redneck porting job) and dumped that 36mm carb for a bored out 38mm that is real close to 39.5mm, coolhead with a custom dome a buddy turned for me I had a place called Turfs Up make a new cover for the seat gotta say they did a hell of a job!

Kirk

Kirk
You've done a fine job of keeping the toy in shape. I would have never figured the front plastic to be new. Most of what I"ve seen is not true to the original design.

Interesting about the pipe.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
That pipe was interesting! the first one I had was no a problem at all to get, had to order it from LRD and wait until they made it and it is one of the hand formed type. The wreak trashed that pipe and when I got with LRD about another the guy that made them had moved on and didn't work there anymore, the dies were gone and there was no way in hell I was getting another from them but they gave me the names of places that had ordered the remaining pipes from them. I got on the phone and started calling around and nothing, I got an e-mail from LRD that they had sold 3 to a guy in El Reno so I called he had 1 so 45 minutes later I had another LRD pipe that I paid way to much for but I got what I wanted.

I had an FMF pipe at first but it gave up, tried an ESR pipe and while it was a great pipe that LRD pipe was just right! Later,

Kirk

Latest posts