Let's see your 1911's

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
IMAG0064b.jpg

Edit: now with a forum friendly image size.

Low Country Five-0

Active Fanatic
The Kimber 9mm is similar. PMC 115gr wouldn't cycle at all. Federal 115gr is iffy. Fiocchi 124gr was flawless. Remington Golden Saber didn't feed reliably enough for us to be comfortable putting her life on it. Winchester Ranger 124gr FMJ's have performed well and is her current carry ammo until we can find a HP round we can count on. I will have to check out the speer. Where do you buy it?

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Speer Gold Dot in the Columbia area is carried by Shooter's Choice, PSA, and Sportsman's Warehouse, and I think Lawman's.

You can check your area here:
http://www.speer-ammo.com/html/dealerLocator.aspx

Cheaper Than Dirt sells Speer's Gold Dot ammo online, too.

Gold Dot JHP's are ALL I carry in my personal defense/concealed carry guns. I use 210 grain in my .45 ACP, 124 gr in my Glock 9mm and my wife's EMP and I think[i/] 90 grainers in my wife's PK380.

It's good stuff!!

Low Country Five-0

Active Fanatic
"
11B3XCIB said:
Speer Gold Dot in the Columbia area is carried by Shooter's Choice, PSA, and Sportsman's Warehouse, and I think Lawman's.

You can check your area here:
http://www.speer-ammo.com/html/dealerLocator.aspx

Cheaper Than Dirt sells Speer's Gold Dot ammo online, too.

Gold Dot JHP's are ALL I carry in my personal defense/concealed carry guns. I use 210 grain in my .45 ACP, 124 gr in my Glock 9mm and my wife's EMP and I think[i/] 90 grainers in my wife's PK380.

It's good stuff!!

Thanks for the info.

I just ordered some of the speer gold dots from cheaper than dirt. If those don't work I will keep my eyes peeled for the hornady.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Low Country Five-0 said:
It's good stuff!!

Thanks for the info.

I just ordered some of the speer gold dots from cheaper than dirt. If those don't work I will keep my eyes peeled for the hornady.[/quote]

GoldDot.jpg

As you can see, I swear by it!

Without a doubt, there are other hollow points out there that will get the job done, but I started with the .45ACP and kept buying the brand. I like the casings, the weight of the rounds (I got their 200 gr JHPs instead of 180 like I usually find). What can I say...I just like 'em.

ReefShark

Well-Known Fanatic
Just bought this for my Father-In-Laws birthday. It came in last week. 100th anniversary Colt Gold Cup Trophy. She is beautiful. I'm having her engraved for him this week. I hope he likes it...

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

Stephen73

Fanatic
1911: Taurus
Camery: Sony HD on tripod

Another video: My GF shooting my 1911, AR and AK the first time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRrMOA5-WQ[/youtube]

She is working on her shooting stance, but I guess it's ok for the first time.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Start her out with a 22, then work up to the recoil. You don't want to scare her away from the sport. She looks like she may be having difficulty with the weight (leaning back).

gunnutSC

New Fanatic
New to the site. Need help on value. Brought out a 4 year old Wilson .45 that I test shot 50 rounds in 2008. It says Tactical service grade on side. Can't find any comps on gunsamerica or similar that aren't CQB's. Want to trade but need an idea of value. Looks like nothing less than 2,000 on various sites and no mention of this gun on wilson site.
GunnutSC

Help???

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
I did a little looking around and most of the references that I can find for the Wilson Tactical Service Grade are from 2003 or so, and they refer to it as being worth $1800-$2000 back then. Since it's not in production now, I'd think $2000 is a little low. Unfortunately it's not listed in the version of the blue book that's available online, perhaps your favorite local gun purveyor would be willing to look it up for you in their hard copy?

shane361

Well-Known Fanatic
Just picked this up. Feels good, hope to shoot soon. Mint with less than 200 rounds for $550. :D

DSC00022.jpg

Latest posts