Let's see your 1911's

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrads...I Love It...It is just like mine except mine is a .45...Wait till you shoot it...You are in for a treat....

You ought to look at the Hogue wraparound grips. That is what I hace on all my carry guns. They are like $20.00 and very comfortable....

I am so happy for you... I know you have wanted a Kimber for a long time...Now, the sockness starts.

I just traded for another one. This is my number 4 keeper...

Steve

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks! Yeah, I was definitely thinking about the Hogue wrap around grips; although I like the grips it came with too.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Congratulations on the new addition. It is a very nice firearm. If it is half a shootable as the .45 you will be enthralled.
Have fun and be careful. (We need a green with envy emoticon.) :lol:

musc

New Fanatic
Here is my Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob

VBob_high.jpg

HOLY DIVER

Well-Known Fanatic
can't post a pic my Colt combat ellite has been on order for awhile and has not got here yet! :cry:

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
My 1911 Family. My wife's Springfield EMP 9mm on the left, my Kimber TLE II top right, and Tactical Ultra II bottom right, both are chambered in .45ACP.

1911Family.jpg

Low Country Five-0

Active Fanatic
Here are my babies. A Kimber Classic Royal and a couple Ultra CDP II carry pieces, one in .45ACP(mine) and one in 9mm (my wife's)

100_2030.jpg

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Low Country 5-0, nice setup! Reminds me of mine 1911 collection a little higher. I also have a fullsize and a compact (both in .45ACP), and my wife has a 9mm 1911.

Low Country Five-0

Active Fanatic
How does you like the EMP? It was a toss up for me between that and the CDP. Since I already had the CDP in .45 I decided to stick with it. As long as I feed it 124gr ammo it shoots great. Now I'm looking for some nice grips to be able to tell them apart.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, the EMP 9mm has frustrated me a little. I attribute all the problems to low-grade ammunition. Being an extremely short barreled 1911 that fires a low(er) power round, it needs quality and slightly hotter rounds or it will fail to function. It wouldn't be uncommon to experience 1-2 stoppages per 8 round magazine. Once you put some quality (read: expensive) ammo into it, she runs fine. I like being able to throw Wal-Mart bought ammo into a gun and have a target day, but sometimes I can't do that with the EMP and expect it to run perfectly. Ammo that has run well in the EMP 9mm: Fiocchi, MagTech, and Georgia Arms. Ammo that has run poorly: Blazer, Winchester. For concealed carry, I have my wife run Speer Gold Dot Jacketed Hollow Point +P ammo made specifically labeled for short barreled pistols so she doesn't have a stoppage when her life depends on the weapon functioning. Don't get me wrong, it's a well built, high quality, easy to shoot 1911. But, the fancy gun likes fancy ammo.

However, my short barreled Kimber chambered in .45 ACP has NO such problems, whether the ammo is reloaded, low grade, or premium. Another reason to opt for the higher caliber.

Latest posts