Sold/Expired Les Baer UTC, 1.5" Accuracy Guarantee, No FCS, Semi-Naked Slide

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
My turn for a build is coming up and this pistol was bought to get me through the wait, but I can't afford both.

Les Baer UTC, .45 ACP, 1.5" accuracy guarantee, no FCS. This was a custom order pistol from the factory that arrived in October 2018. I specified the following options:
  1. 1.5 inch accuracy guarantee at 50 yards
  2. No front serrations
  3. Semi-naked slide (has "Baer Custom" logo on right side, no "45 ACP" markings on left)
  4. All black rear sight, tritium front sight
This pistol is 100% stock condition and has been fired 600 times with Winchester 230 grain FMJ. 595 of those rounds were fired using a Wilson 47 magazine and they fed/fired perfectly. Five rounds were fired from one of the three supplied Baer magazines early on and it produced a single failure to feed (hung up on ramp) so I stayed with the Wilson magazine.

This piece has only slight wear marks on the outside of the barrel due to the bushing lock-up, a slight amount of wear beneath the slide stop where it interacts with the frame (not visible when assembled – there is no "assembly scratch"), some wear on the face of the recoil spring plug from disassembly (using a synthetic bushing wrench) and some brass kisses above the ejection port. Slide bluing has a very slight plum hue depending on the light, like Baers often do – overall the pistol looks gorgeous.

I have pampered it over the break-in period -- never holstered, and never used for drills/training that could cause damage to the pistol's finish. It has never been disassembled past the basic field strip for cleaning, and has never been modified in any way. Trigger is very nice, the thumb safety is breaking in (was very firm at first, but is easing up nicely with use). Checkering is straight with nicely uniform terminations on the frame.

The pistol is NOT ridiculously tight like you hear about with some Baers – it is tight, but very pleasant to work with and easy to disassemble. It does require a bushing wrench, but goes easy. It is just as easy to disassemble as my SACS Custom Carry.

Note: The one Baer magazine and one Wilson 47 magazine that I have used with the pistol seat fine, but a few other Wilsons I have tried (ETM HD +P) with extended baseplates will not completely seat in the pistol. The front strap cutout may be a bit shallow for some base pads. I was going to have a smith look at this but decided not to mess with it.

The pistol ships with the Wilson magazine I used for the break-in as well as the three supplied Baer magazines, test target, 1.5" certificate and everything else that came with the pistol originally to include the lovely cardboard box.

Priced to sell at $1825 buyer pays shipping -- no trades please. Pistol will come to you clean, lubed and ready to shoot. No inspection period or returns please. For payment, I will accept USPS Money Order or check from a Fanatic or Addict with feedback. Pistol ships no later than two business days to your FFL after payment clears.

Last edited: