Les Baer Les Baer TRS make over

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
So some time ago I picked up a TRS, at a good price, but it had been Cerakoted with a distressed finish. Decided I couldn't deal with it, I sent it out to me murdered out in graphite black. Here is the before.....

ahuLwnV.jpg

Last edited:

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
Look forward to the after pics. Distressed isn't my thing either good choice.. You having Lou cerokote it?

Sneaky One

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't like the distressed look personally either. But the TRS is a beautiful gun. Look forward to seeing it's new look.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes Lou is going to pull some over time between builds, gotta love the Guy.

I had thought that I could live with the finish, turns out I couldn't. So now I'll have a used TRS, with CeraKote and a BEC rear sight for about what I could have bought a new one for. It's still rather tight coming out of battery so I don't think it's been shot a lot. Will make for a great workhorse.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
Lou hit that one outta the park for you. Congrats!
You can get somewhat of an idea of how much use a LB has had by how much wear is showing on the barrel where the tight bushing sits on it. Sort of a smiley facy top and bottom.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
That is sweet! Way to bring it back. The distressed look only works for me when its honest wear on bluing. Quick turn around from Lou as well.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Lou hit that one outta the park for you. Congrats!
You can get somewhat of an idea of how much use a LB has had by how much wear is showing on the barrel where the tight bushing sits on it. Sort of a smiley facy top and bottom.

Very true. Ive owned a few Baers over the years, there is very little wear present on this one. It had a bit of a pop coming out of battery before. It locks up like a bank vault again now. Not much work done to it, just a BEC rear sight and a coat of graphite black.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Very nice job on that gun! Not a fan of the 'distressed' finish myself. I like to work on my gun's finish by using them! Eventually they get the nice "well used" patina.