Just came from gun store

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
They had 102 boxes of 9mm ball, also 22, 45, 5.56 really about all you want no limits. Starting at $28/50 ct box of 9mm ball and higher, no reloading items at all. Glocks and AR rifles, carbines and pistols.

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry but I do not buy into the price gouging going on.
Was in a gun store last Thursday and saw 9mm 124gr FMJ 50rd box of Lawman for $13.99 and Blazer Brass for $12.99. Limit 100 rds per caliber.
Granted these are higher prices than a year ago but if they can sell for those prices now how can you say $28.00 or higher for 9mm Is not Price Gouging?

Last edited:

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
OP, I'm glad they had it in stock, but sounds like they are trying to make too much profit on a bad situation

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
The price gouging is everywhere in the gun related businesses here unless chain stores but they have zero ammo thank God I reload and cast and saw all this coming in February and stocked up good, we have a back order in the system now for 30000 primers for 2 of us but we are also well stocked now as we did earlier this year. Ammo is no issue here at this time, we shoot weekly a lot every week. Powder no problem at all.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Same here, anything in-stock has been price jacked, they had some .38 spl. @ $40/50, 9mm ball about $30+/50. I did, however find a pretty good deal on Korean surplus .30 carbine ammo. !080 round case, in a steel ammo box, on strippers, with a spoon, at .36 per rd. I have a couple of M1 carbines, love to shoot them, and they make a dam fine home protection or trunk gun. I got a couple of cases. SGAmmo, good to do business with, 3-4 day delivery. My inventory is OK, but then, I guess I learned a lesson back several years ago when .22's were going for sky high prices, when it could be found. I subscribe to the never run out theory.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
best prices i have seen in Indiana is 28.00 per box of 50. Both 9mm and 45 acp. I hsve seen ammo priced at 1.00 per round at other places.

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
Thats probably the best price out there right now. My range has HP only for 56. a box, no outside sales.

Sea leopard

Fanatic
How about some conspiracy theory????? Think about munition manufacturing during war, civlian consumers can't come close to military levels (or can they) ...
Do you think in light of election results laws limiting or eliminating gun and ammo production and access will diminish for civilian markets? gouge and get out ... Oh! like Bump Stocks ... Let the discussion begin .....

Sea leopard

Fanatic
I WILL NOT purchase anything in the future from "Cheaper than Dirt" after the way they have absolutely price gouged ammo. Their prices are beyond astronomical and have lost me as a customer forever.
Put all, yes, all retail sources on your list ... It's about greed not the need! Who is the puppet master?

NITINOL

Fanatic
Those ctd people lost me as a customer when they posted a $3x.xx box of ammo for $178.xx some years ago. Try to buy nothing from them.
Note on prices, as a average customer. The supply chain was drained. What is being produced is allocated out. A 'name' national chain may get 'A' firearm from xxxx manf verses a pallet, to go out to all stores. Ammo : the chain stores will have the best prices, mostly. They still get it as before, price wise, and send it out from the main hub to all end locations. Just about everybody else has to buy from another business, each having to make a profit, thus a higher price. Neither guarantees availability. Now: ammoseek.com, and online bulk buys, or go-in with others at your favorite mom-n-pop gunstore/FFL dealer on a bulk purchase. Unless you can afford the bulk buys yourself. Rember to select 'email when in stock' at favored sights and DO move on them FAST. Midway USA for example.
FCC regulations disallow my comments on the price gouging. Note offenders, vote with your dollars - somewhere else ; now & after things clam down.

geen

New Fanatic
hi I have 9mm and 45 acp but I need 30-30 I will trade at a fair ratio.

sambob

New Fanatic
Yeah, Last year at this time I was paying $10 bx/50 for range ammo I checked recently and It's up to over $30 bx/50.
...I haven't been to a range at all this year I'm just sitting on what I have til the pricing comes back from It's visit to"STUPID" town also seriously considering getting a laser target system In the mean time.
The gun situation Isn't any better.

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I was at mine Friday. The shelves used to be loaded w/ hundreds of handguns; now there is nothing except .22s. Ammo is also in real short supply.

I am glad my gun safes are already full and I reload. [ : - )

KenL

Fanatic
I was at mine Friday. The shelves used to be loaded w/ hundreds of handguns; now there is nothing except .22s. Ammo is also in real short supply.

I am glad my gun safes are already full and I reload. [ : - )
Kevin - I haven't gotten into reloading for pistol or rifle (still have my shotgun shell reloader), but was wondering are components (i.e. primers, powder, bullets) available at reasonable prices or have those gotten sky-high also?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Here in the central Virginia area, we have Bass Pro up in Ashland, along I-95, and we have Cabela's, in the western suburbs of Richmond, and everyone's favorite LGS (local mom 'n pop type of store which grew over the years) called Green Top.

All 3 pretty much have bare shelves! o_O

sh** is getting crazy out there... So glad I stocked up back when times were good and ammo was available!!

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Kevin - I haven't gotten into reloading for pistol or rifle (still have my shotgun shell reloader), but was wondering are components (i.e. primers, powder, bullets) available at reasonable prices or have those gotten sky-high also?
Small pistol (9mm) and small rifle primers (.223) have dried-up. Popular powders for both calibers are in short supply. Prices have not gone up in stores, just online.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I WILL NOT purchase anything in the future from "Cheaper than Dirt" after the way they have absolutely price gouged ammo. Their prices are beyond astronomical and have lost me as a customer forever.
I haven't purchased anything since the Obummer days. Blocked their emails. They can gouge someone else.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Picken's getting mighty slim . Gonna cut back , and rotate what I shoot . Shoot more revolvers to lose less brass . I'll remember the gougers , and I can hold out a long time .

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
They had 102 boxes of 9mm ball, also 22, 45, 5.56 really about all you want no limits. Starting at $28/50 ct box of 9mm ball and higher, no reloading items at all. Glocks and AR rifles, carbines and pistols.

One of my local shops is basically bare

Latest posts