Just came from gun store

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
One of my local shops is basically bare
Yesterday, my neighbor, who owns a local gun store said they got an delivery of 60,000 rounds in last week. Pretty much everything but .45 (which we both shoot), said his costs are too high to stock up on. So some of it must be coming from up the chain.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think I've seen prices that low for six months here
The closest LGS I usually deal with is charging $100.00 for Tulammo primers . I can go a long time without paying that . The place I went to yesterday is a distributor , they flat out told me this LGS is charging as much as he possibly can , they didn't raise the price to him .

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Shelves are bare out here. Haven't seen loading components anywhere. But I do have bullets on order from MBC and OregonTrail here in Montana. If I'm frugal I can go a good while with the stuff I have. Of course that depends on how bad this crap gets.

Good luck, stay safe everyone

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
OP, I'm glad they had it in stock, but sounds like they are trying to make too much profit on a bad situation
Maybe not, my dealer said he's having to pay way higher prices wholesale, and reluctantly passes on the increase. His profit margin is the same, no extra profit. He's been a straight shooter with me, so I kinda believe him. Glad I stocked up last year, and the year before that. Very low on 45acp. though, but I refuse to pay a $Dollar a round for White box ball 45acp. ammo. He's NOT selling the 45 ammo at a dollar a round, he doesn't have any, it's another store.

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
Roszhou, that is good to hear. I have seen some shops selling online for $1.00 a round for 9mm.

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
Sorry but I do not buy into the price gouging going on.
Was in a gun store last Thursday and saw 9mm 124gr FMJ 50rd box of Lawman for $13.99 and Blazer Brass for $12.99. Limit 100 rds per caliber.
Granted these are higher prices than a year ago but if they can sell for those prices now how can you say $28.00 or higher for 9mm Is not Price Gouging?

I agree with you totally. If people keep buying ammo at those ridiculous prices, it's never going to stop. Stop buying ammo and you will see how fast they bring down the prices. What they are doing is abusive.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
This ammo shortage , as in the past , will come to an end . Some of these high prices are to slow down the hoarding , some is just taking advantage of the situation . I can go a long time without paying their high prices . My local range is charging $32.00 per box for 9mm because his supplier made him buy .50 cal. ammo also that he has no real market for . He's also limiting purchases so he can maintain inventory for customers paying for range time and classes . Four of us shoot there on Saturday mornings , last Saturday we were it for an hour . On a side note , my local grocery store had so much TP it was on sale .

Latest posts