JM speaks on New Mossy Tactical Shotgun

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.westernshooter.com/2012/01/mossberg-930-jm-pro-series-tactical-shotgun.html

If they run I might get one for each of boys at the price he mentioned instead of Novas.

The Antichrome

I checked these guns out at SHOT. Very disappointing.
I almost amputated my thumb in that deathtrap feed ramp.
Not only does it have a 'notch' on the ramp that will have to be welded up, but its sharp, very sharp.
Its like it was designed specifically to catch thumbs.

Overall the whole thing just feels 'cheap'

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Interesting. It seemed like the Benelli factory competition gun had a sharp, notched feed ramp, too, from the pics I've seen. Why would anyone manufacture it that way?

Chambers

actual GM
Interesting. It seemed like the Benelli factory competition gun had a sharp, notched feed ramp, too, from the pics I've seen. Why would anyone manufacture it that way?

It's designed that way to line the shell up with the chamber when the lifter is in the up position.

It's quite sensical, really, unless you're in a hurry to load shells. It's also why you gotta do chamber work when you use a welded lifter.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
What's funny for that price you can trick out a CZ and have money left to purchase a case or 2 of shells to practice with, shell caddies, a belt, then go out for a nice dinner :) Later,

Kirk

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Not only does it have a 'notch' on the ramp that will have to be welded up, but its sharp, very sharp.

Thanks for the feedback on these.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Just want everyone to know (wormydog) that my mossy 930 ran flawless for 2 different shooters Saturday at Okc 3 gun.😃

Lol

(null)

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic

Do you think the cheap feeling is the regular 930 cheap feeling or did they add additional cheapness?
My gen 3 930 SPX didn't corner the market on fit and finish. It worked well, but I'd call that my lower limit. If this is WORSE, it's definitely a no-go for me.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic

Kinda like my FN used to be. It didn't look that bad until you pulled the trigger group and looked at the top side. It was down right medieval on the left side.

Chambers

actual GM
Just want everyone to know (wormydog) that my mossy 930 ran flawless for 2 different shooters Saturday at Okc 3 gun.😃

Lol

(null)

And I saw one on our squad DEATH JAM!

Agree w/ Robert on the fit, finish, & feel.

In other news Bud's had the CZ 412 utility for around $350 shipped a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they still have any.

The Antichrome

Thanks for the feedback on these.

You're welcome...remember, this is all just my opinion (and my experience getting my thumb stuck in their display gun;-)

Do you think the cheap feeling is the regular 930 cheap feeling or did they add additional cheapness?
My gen 3 930 SPX didn't corner the market on fit and finish. It worked well, but I'd call that my lower limit. If this is WORSE, it's definitely a no-go for me.

I'm not super familiar with Mossy's so I cant say. I didnt compare it to the other guns in their booth.
I kept going back to the Perazzi booth to fondle $20K over/unders! Talk about some fit and finish;-0

Interesting that Mossy has Jerry and Patrick on their team, they both shoot this gun crazy fast...
But Patrick doesnt reload on the clock and Jerry uses a speedloader setup.

The Antichrome

It's designed that way to line the shell up with the chamber when the lifter is in the up position.

It's quite sensical, really, unless you're in a hurry to load shells. It's also why you gotta do chamber work when you use a welded lifter.

Good point. But dang that lifter is sharp...you could shave those hard to reach spots with that thing.

Roberts talking about the cut made for the M2 pro shop gun that was on display. It was pretty sharp, and not too impressive. I heard that it was a rush job just in order to get it to SHOT. But my guess is that the vast majority of those guns will get snapped up in local shops across the country with guys with money and want a Custom Shop Benelli.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I wont talk smack about Benelli's custom shop gun, and I wont make any comparisons. I respect the company, the shop doing the work, and the great folks that are shooting for em.

The Antichrome

Roberts talking about the cut made for the M2 pro shop gun that was on display. It was pretty sharp, and not too impressive. I heard that it was a rush job just in order to get it to SHOT. But my guess is that the vast majority of those guns will get snapped up in local shops across the country with guys with money and want a Custom Shop Benelli.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I wont talk smack about Benelli's custom shop gun, and I wont make any comparisons. I respect the company, the shop doing the work, and the great folks that are shooting for em.

Hey Mike, I was talking about the sharp gate on the Mossy...not the Benelli. The Benelli didnt catch my thumb, even though the gate could prob use a little buffing on the edge. The Mossberg 'bout yanked my thumb off;-)

chef.hunter.elliott

Well-Known Fanatic
And I saw one on our squad DEATH JAM!

Agree w/ Robert on the fit, finish, & feel.

In other news Bud's had the CZ 412 utility for around $350 shipped a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they still have any.

That was me who had the death jam! after Kurt looked at it, he said it was probably the ammo. I mean it ran fine on the stage with a million shotgun targets. If the shooter (me) was better it would have been a decent score. Thank goodness GT let me run his benelli on my death jam stage because i was really nervous until kurt looked at it. And as soon as i get my lifter back from C-Rums, ill tell you how it feels on the 930.

Latest posts