jeep

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I camt afford the jeep life and shooting. Mind you my last jeep involved an axle swap 5 inches of lift 35's dual transfer cases etc etc.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I learned what Jeep stood for when I had mine,

Just
Empty
Each
Pocket

I had a blast with it but damn parts are not cheap unless you know the cross reference numbers to the parts, transmission mount for a Jeep was $35 and the cross was for a Chevy that cost $12 and they both had the same part number ON the parts but some reason if it was for a Jeep it cost more. Later,

Kirk

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited that I've put about 110k miles on. It's been the funnest vehicle I've ever owned. My boy and I take it to Colorado a couple times a year and hit the jeep trails up around Silverton and Ouray.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
This one will get tires and wheels.

Its geared low enough to climb the stuff we drive here. Not to mention, its the cheapest off road capable rig selling today.

Id have no use for this in OKC....

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Kirk Smith (ksmirk) said:
I learned what Jeep stood for when I had mine,

Just
Empty
Each
Pocket

I had a blast with it but damn parts are not cheap unless you know the cross reference numbers to the parts, transmission mount for a Jeep was $35 and the cross was for a Chevy that cost $12 and they both had the same part number ON the parts but some reason if it was for a Jeep it cost more. Later,

Kirk
Mine was

Just
Extremely
Expensive
Parts

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
I went a little loco on Friday after work and came home with this....

2014-03-01%2014.44.16.jpg

Couldn't justify it in Oklahoma, but I'm 30 minutes from mountains here in SC.
Now to find 10 acres or so outside the city!

dennishoddy

Nice looking ride!

A guy in town I used to work with inherited his dads Willis Jeep, circa Korean war vintage. He completely restored it to include the star on the hood.
Then bought the demilled .50 cal to mount in the back and its been a staple in our veterans day parade for years.

The son decided to take it to the swimming beach at our local lake one Saturday, and the results were "interesting". :D
I think he learned what the taste of sand was like after the Sheriff deputy's came on scene.

He's the kind of guy that looks for that type of attention, and he got it. LOL

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Today's mission....a lttle run to 8,000 feet. We were gone over 5 hours... uphill both ways with patches of 10% downgrade just to get to the next hill....a few goat trails, a little snow and mud.
In Nevada this is " stock freindly". Other than some rock sliders and a little more tire a JK is good to go.

We had a Liberty and a near stock Cherokee run this today.... 99% of the stuff they sell goes to mall crawlers. But if you wanna look like you drove the Rubicon I guess its worth it.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Today's mission....a lttle run to 8,000 feet. We were gone over 5 hours... uphill both ways with patches of 10% downgrade just to get to the next hill....a few goat trails, a little snow and mud.
In Nevada this is " stock freindly". Other than some rock sliders and a little more tire a JK is good to go.

We had a Liberty and a near stock Cherokee run this today.... 99% of the stuff they sell goes to mall crawlers. But if you wanna look like you drove the Rubicon I guess its worth it.

Attachments

• DSCF4327_zps3c2c737e.jpg
    DSCF4327_zps3c2c737e.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot2014-03-09at71152PM.jpg
    Screenshot2014-03-09at71152PM.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4339_zps90093364.jpg
    DSCF4339_zps90093364.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4343_zps3ec0f7f4.jpg
    DSCF4343_zps3ec0f7f4.jpg