J.M. Davis Gun Museum Benefit Match 03-04-2012

Hello All!

I am pleased to announce the J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum Steel Challenge Shooting Match. This match is benefiting the J.M. Davis Gun Museum in Claremore, Oklahoma. If you are not familiar with the museum, it is the largest privately owned gun collection in the world with over 10,000 firearms and many exhibits. The museum preserves the history of firearms and is beneficial to educating future generations.

Recently I was asked to create a benefit match to assist the museum in securing outside funding. They have suffered budget cuts and have already reduced their work force by 30%. The director, Wayne McCombs is having a difficult time advertising and creating new exhibits. Donations are down, which make up a large part of their operating budget.

All proceeds are for the operation of the gun museum and donations are tax deductible!

I am honored to have the opportunity to assist such a historical location preserving our firearm history. I've never taken on a task of this magnitude and am asking for any and all help. I would like to see our gun community pull together and secure the museum's ability to provide education for future generations.

The shooting flyer is attached. Feel free to print and post in your local area. We are looking for any and all donations. Early registrants will be entered in a prize drawing!

View attachment 1751

View attachment 1752

Attachments

• ShootingFlyer.pdf
    246 KB · Views: 146
  • ShootingRegistration.pdf
    175.6 KB · Views: 102

dennishoddy

I know this is going to date me, but the last time I saw the collection is when it was at the old hotel.
It was an amazing collection back then, I'm sure it's much better now in the new digs.

If it doesn't fall on my weekend to work, I'll be sure to attend, and take a tour afterward.
Good cause!

I will be on the Billy Parker Show (99.5) announcing the match from 8-10 this morning! It will also be replayed Sunday evening from 8-10p

A guided bird hunt was donated by the Ingersol Ranch in Rogers County!

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone else going to this? We could get a list who's going from OKC for a potential carpool.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone else from the OKC shooting this? I've never been to USSA and really don't want to drive up there all by my lonesome.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone else going? I'll be there along with a deputy I went through the academy with. We'll be rolling up in a silver Dodge Challenger SRT8.

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
Fun match today and some nice prizes as well. Thanks to all the RO's and staff that worked and Ryan for getting the scores done quickly! Lance and company had a great turnout for the benefit this morning and raised a lot of good money for the museum.

Great Job everyone.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know where the scores will be posted? I shot it today but my buddy and I had to shoot through since we had to be back here in OKC by 3:30.

The RO's and score keepers were outstanding!!! They would fit us in and let us shoot through so we wouldn't be late getting back to OKC.

Thank you to all who came to support the museum! We raised a good amount of money!!!! Special thanks to Ryan Alexander for crunching the numbers! He did an outstanding job!!!!

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone know where the scores will be posted? I shot it today but my buddy and I had to shoot through since we had to be back here in OKC by 3:30.

The RO's and score keepers were outstanding!!! They would fit us in and let us shoot through so we wouldn't be late getting back to OKC.

I believe Lance said that they would be posted on here later tonight.

Latest posts