Integrity Arms Custom PistolSmithing~!

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Now open for business... FFL 07 Currently working on a website, but can provide references and pics upon request.. I'll throw this out there to start in case there is any interest..

1981 Colt MK IV last year of the 70 series before they switched to the 80... Frame to slide fit is decently tight, barrel is very poorly fit, so I would suggest a Kart Barrel and a Radial Bore bushing. Other than that you are welcome to spec this gun out anyway that you wish... Base price starts at $750.00 Roll Marks are very nice.1981 Colt series 70 003.JPG 1981 Colt series 70 004.JPG 1981 Colt series 70 005.JPG

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you much appreciated. It took me a little to realize what a Shingle was lol having been in the construction business for 25 years that word had a whole different meaning hahaha.

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
LOL. Hanging out your shingle is an old fashioned expression meaning "to open an office or business, especially in a profession".
Yeah I ended up figuring that out, especially when it was said for the second time lol.. I have so many other things I want to get moving with but I have to stop spending for awhile in hock up to my butt.

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for sharing these guys, I very much appreciate the support. On to a full build on a 1978 Colt, just about to finish up on a A2 commander and just sent out an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Busy, busy.. Have a few others in the shop I am really looking forward to digging into, and 2 full builds coming soon. Really excited but, still so much to do... Still working on the checkering fixture tweaking it.. And still working on refining a few other processes. I find out something new everyday about suppliers, supplies, fixtures, parts etc.. The information available can be a bit overwhelming, but concentration and focus and attention to tolerances and details are a must. A bit mind numbing at times I feel like I am back in school lol. Moving onward, forwards and upwards. Thanks again you guys have both been awesome to work with and for.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for sharing these guys, I very much appreciate the support. On to a full build on a 1978 Colt, just about to finish up on a A2 commander and just sent out an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Busy, busy.. Have a few others in the shop I am really looking forward to digging into, and 2 full builds coming soon. Really excited but, still so much to do... Still working on the checkering fixture tweaking it.. And still working on refining a few other processes. I find out something new everyday about suppliers, supplies, fixtures, parts etc.. The information available can be a bit overwhelming, but concentration and focus and attention to tolerances and details are a must. A bit mind numbing at times I feel like I am back in school lol. Moving onward, forwards and upwards. Thanks again you guys have both been awesome to work with and for.
It is over whelming some times. The more I learn the more I realize I need to learn still. I'm worried at 43 years old I don't have enough time left to learn what I want about 1911s.

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
I love to see someone succeed in doing something that they really love to do. Let's see if we can put together a build plan that we'll both be proud of. I'll cover the "base price" and work out the details together with you. # 1 on my list would be a conversion to .38 Super via a ramped Kart barrel and a fitted bushing. New sights, a beavertail grip safety, an upgraded ignition set and some frame mods would follow. If you're interested, PM me.

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome, always good to seen a new 1911 smith up and running.

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
It is over whelming some times. The more I learn the more I realize I need to learn still. I'm worried at 43 years old I don't have enough time left to learn what I want about 1911s.
You're still a youngin Mike I am 54 and didn't start until 50 Still a ton to learn but, once your into it, you don't have much choice but to learn more. Seeing how the 1911 really is a functioning machine totally integrated around the total sum of it's parts. It becomes a bit overwhelming at times, but you just step back, make some phone call, do some more studying measure 10 times and cut once lol. One thing that helped me from my construction days. Always always, check and recheck set ups. Take less you can always take more. Take more and often times you've taken too much,. Between that and zeroing the machine major factors.

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve O;
Since I've had no response regarding a build based on your 1981 Colt MK IV, I'll assume that it was already spoken for.
No problem.
Sorry sir, sent you a Pm have been offline for a few days, weather has been mind and body numbing here for the last week, I live in the country and there is a lot to consider when temps reach that low and snow starts flying. With no wind break, and everything running off electricity, with a well, propane, etc.. things have to be looked after, maintained and prepped for about every scenario.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
love the way you blend your magwells Steve.

I want to do a true radius sear action job + with you someday soon. probably will have you blend a magwell too

congrats