I live in Bella Vista AR, no 3 gun close.

Skip1

Active Fanatic
Even though I have never been to a 3 gun match I want to compete. If anyone knows of anything in Washington Benton county area let me know. If not is there folks like myself who would like to start one, and if there is are folks here who would help and advise on how to proceed.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
3-gun is a pretty complex game. For a club to host a match locally they need a pretty involved gout or group of guys to set up matches and run them safely. You also need a club with plenty of space, steel and props to make it interesting. So you're probably never going to have any thing close to you where you're at. You're going to have to drive to USSA in Tulsa and to Hot Springs and to Ft. Smith. I believe there are some matches over in Rolla, MO too but I'm not certain what club it is.

Skip1

Active Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
It's not uncommon for me to drive 2-3 hours on Saturday or Sunday to catch a good club match locally in Tulsa, ft smith or Wichita Falls, tx.

Here are two resources for finding 3-gun club matches.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_13_1/322_3_Gun_Match_Listings_by_State.html

http://3gunnation.com/club_series/club_directory
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Well I will do that I will need a lot of pointers and help at first as I don't know anything. I do have the space, and the ability to build a course. I have access to an old rock quarry also that would make a great spot. So I guess how would I go about getting a club started? Seems in an area this size two counties with 750000 people, a Cabela's close by and an abundance of guys who love to shoot if would not be that hard.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Skip said:
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Well I will do that I will need a lot of pointers and help at first as I don't know anything. I do have the space, and the ability to build a course. I have access to an old rock quarry also that would make a great spot. So I guess how would I go about getting a club started? Seems in an area this size two counties with 750000 people, a Cabela's close by and an abundance of guys who love to shoot if would not be that hard.
If you build it they will come. My suggestion would be to attend the Ft. Smith and USSA matches and talk to Micahand Hannah Scott at Old Fort and Bryan Corry at USSA and learn from them. They both put on great matches.

Of course all of us are always open to help you out anyway possible. You can always reach out to Charles Sole from 3-Gun Nation too. [email protected]. He heads up the 3GN regional and club series matches.

The Antichrome

Skip,
The closest 3 gun to you is down here at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft Smith.
The match director is Micah Scott...he lives in Bella Vista.

No 3 gun, but we hold USPSA and IDPA matches in Centerton as well.

Other than that, you're travelling to USSA at Tulsa, COPS Range, in Rolla, MO. or Little Rock.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
The Antichrome said:
Skip,
The closest 3 gun to you is down here at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft Smith.
The match director is Micah Scott...he lives in Bella Vista.

No 3 gun, but we hold USPSA and IDPA matches in Centerton as well.

Other than that, you're travelling to USSA at Tulsa, COPS Range, in Rolla, MO. or Little Rock.
Looks like Skip just got a ride to the next 3 gun match at OFGC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Skip1

Active Fanatic
I guess I will head down Ft Smith and see what is going on. Got to do it. I know there has to be a bunch of people in Nw Ark who want to do this.
I guess I will head down Ft Smith and see what is going on. Got to do it. I know there has to be a bunch of people in Nw Ark who want to do this.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Skip said:
Agreed

Agreed

Micah Scott

New Fanatic
Hey skip,

My name is Micah and my wife and I run the ofgc 3 gun match in Fort smith. We have actually moved from bella vista to tontitown however if there is anything I can help you with in trying your first match please don't hesitate to ask. Our next match will be the second Sunday in june. Please check outhttps://m.facebook.com/ofgc3gun/for our calendar and rules. Please feel free to pm me either on here or Facebook and we'll do what we can to get you into your first match.

In the mean time you may check out lonesome oaks range in centerton, they hold a monthly uspsa match and I believe they recognize pistol caliber carbine so that's another great oppertunity to shoot locally.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Ofgc3gun said:
Hey skip,

My name is Micah and my wife and I run the ofgc 3 gun match in Fort smith. We have actually moved from bella vista to tontitown however if there is anything I can help you with in trying your first match please don't hesitate to ask. Our next match will be the second Sunday in june. Please check outhttps://m.facebook.com/ofgc3gun/for our calendar and rules. Please feel free to pm me either on here or Facebook and we'll do what we can to get you into your first match.

In the mean time you may check out lonesome oaks range in centerton, they hold a monthly uspsa match and I believe they recognize pistol caliber carbine so that's another great oppertunity to shoot locally.
Nice, Micah

Skip1

Active Fanatic
Ofgc3gun said:
Hey skip,

Sounds great, I know I will need quite a bit of help . I don
T know anything other than what I read or watch on you Tube.

Skip1

Active Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Yuk.

You know over in Madison county Arkansas they were going to have a live nativity scene. But, the had a problem. The could not find three wise men or a virgin in the whole county.

Latest posts