How to get classified?

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been trying to find out how exactly the USPSA classes work. In the USPSA rulebook, they have a summary at the beginning that talks about excluding scores.

But what is the %? Is it the same % as for a match where if I get 50%, then that is how my hit factor compare's to the top dog's hit factor?

Also, why would a score be flagged with an A?

How many classifiers do you have to shoot to get classified?

Does H&H, Heartland, OKCGC use classifier stages regularly?

Airic

I shoot.
1. Classifiers are sent in to USPSA for comparison to the national high hit factor for that classifier stage. You get a % based on what the national high hit factor for that stage is.

2. I have no idea and have never seen a score flagged as A unless it has something to do with being unclassified.

3. 4 initially, average of 6 after that.

4. I believe every USPSA match is required to have one classifier stage per match.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
H&H and OKCGC will have a classifier every month. H&H does a classifier match every February or March where all 4 stages are classifieds sobyou can get it done in one match, heartland unanticipated a sanctioned USPSA match so there ate no classifiers.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
OKCGC hasn't had a classifier in the last 2 months :( .
I don't know why but I was pretty dissapointed about it.

Does anybody have any idea why they've not been doing classifiers? Did somebody forget to pay the bill or something?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I've been trying to find out how exactly the USPSA classes work. In the USPSA rulebook, they have a summary at the beginning that talks about excluding scores.

But what is the %? Is it the same % as for a match where if I get 50%, then that is how my hit factor compare's to the top dog's hit factor?

Also, why would a score be flagged with an A?

How many classifiers do you have to shoot to get classified?

Does H&H, Heartland, OKCGC use classifier stages regularly?

not sure what you mean by "flagged" with an A... but it could be engaging the target from the wrong "shooting box" or something like that...

Chris_Andersen

Certified
Classifiers flagged with an "A" on USPSA's site usually happen because they are much higher than the shooters current classification and are considered an anomaly or possibly a typo by the person entering the data and do not count toward your classification. If you shot a good score and you think that score is actually indicatave of your abilities you can call or email them and request that it be counted.

KyleFarnham

Well-Known Fanatic
OKCGC hasn't had a classifier in the last 2 months :( .
I don't know why but I was pretty dissapointed about it.

Does anybody have any idea why they've not been doing classifiers? Did somebody forget to pay the bill or something?

I think it is because they have been leaving up the stages from the big matches the weekend before. For example, the June match was pretty much a copy of the state sectional match stages.
Either way... I'm with you on being disappointed at not having at least one classifier at each match. :(