How About a little Wheel-Gun Wednesday Love?

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
With DA/SA revolvers I probably have too many. Below a 686 no dash and an early Ruger GP100 of about the same vintage.

A Colt Python. I bought this when Colt was still making them for about $1K. Wish I had bought a few more back then.

These are interesting and no longer made. Taurus used to make them. They are 5 shot revolvers in 45ACP. The one on top is in SS and the one on the bottom is a Totally Titanium model. It does have a thin SS rifled insert for a barrel and most the lockwork appears steel.

And thinking of Titanium a S&W 325PD with Scandium/Aluminum alloy frame and Titanium cylinder. Lovely pistol.

And a S&W 625 which has the best DA trigger pull of any factory SA/DA revolver I every bought.

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
For SA wheel guns I do like convertibles, mostly by Ruger. Below in 22LR/22Mag a Ruger Single Six Convertible made in 1977 and a Colt made in 1966.

The most recent ones I bought are Ruger/Williams Blackhawk convertible in 357mag/9mm and a Ruger/Lipsey Blackhawk convertible in 10mm/40 S&W.

And last year a Ruger 45ACP/45Colt Convertible with Bisley hammer and grip....

And we need a Birdshead included. This Ruger was not made in a convertible to the best of my knowledge. This one is in 45ACP.

Reactions: CWH

quantico

Active Fanatic
i finally picked up a well used police model 10 last year. my other S&W guns have the horrible locking hole in them along with a ton of MIM parts. i chose poorly in my revolver purchases. i should have looked for a model 27 and a registered magnum. both for a long time ago. i sold several model 57's and 29's back in the day before i knew they would be pretty nice long term guns...