Holster for my F-150

JMB1963

Fanatic
I am looking for a good solution to carry in my truck - open to any suggestions, just have not found anything that i really like

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
STI has the solution, but................if your looking for something you can mount in your truck in case you have to leave the pistol in the truck for some reason, here's my solution.
[/URL]
I'll attach a pic so you can see what it looks like mounted between my drivers seat and center console. When unlocked I can draw directly from it very quickly. When locked you can not remove it with bolt cutters or similar tool. It bolts to the floor with one way bolts.
truck holster 1.JPG
TR

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
I put a owb holster between seat and console. If I don't want it on my belt while riding, into that holster.
A steel gun safe under the seat if I have to leave it in truck while I'm away.
A lot of the time I carry in a owb holster with spring clip to my belt. that can be moved to crossdraw while driving.

Mike Moser

Active Fanatic
Where did you get that device and will it fit a number of different handguns.Is this from STI

Ramsys1

Fanatic
I am looking for a good solution to carry in my truck - open to any suggestions, just have not found anything that i really like
A WW2 Tanker shoulder holster under a vest or jacket will make your 1911 out of the way, yet, highly accessible. Another is a Safariland thumbbreak holster, rides high on the waist; mine I modified "Buscadero" style.

Attachments

• 1911_HOLSTERS.jpg
    1911_HOLSTERS.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a saddle blanket with a pocket right in front between my calves...

JMB1963

Fanatic
STI has the solution, but................if your looking for something you can mount in your truck in case you have to leave the pistol in the truck for some reason, here's my solution.
[/URL]
I'll attach a pic so you can see what it looks like mounted between my drivers seat and center console. When unlocked I can draw directly from it very quickly. When locked you can not remove it with bolt cutters or similar tool. It bolts to the floor with one way bolts.
View attachment 6508
TR
I will check it out thanks

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Check Gum Creek.

Porsche.jpg

Old Bill

Active Fanatic
A WW2 Tanker shoulder holster under a vest or jacket will make your 1911 out of the way, yet, highly accessible. Another is a Safariland thumbbreak holster, rides high on the waist; mine I modified "Buscadero" style.
I have to concur on the Tankers Shoulder Holster.... I have had mine for 40 some years now and because I take care of it (Saddle Soap not Neatsfoot Oil which will soften the holster) .. It still works fine... In an accident or incident you never quite know where you will be in relation to the firearm mounted in a vehicle somewhere... On you is good.. High means you only have to deal with the stupid shoulder belt. Good Access. As was mention once you get used to them.. They are pretty quick

I had mine modified extended enough to place the Security/Retension Strap between the Slide and the Hammer.. It keeps garbage out of that area and for my money increases the retention..

While I like that NRA locking setup.. the problem I see there is you may need to exit the vehicle or perform other evolutions and you will have the weapon uncased in your hands. I can see in some instances where that could be problematic.. It would be excellent if you have to leave a weapon in the vehicle tho. (out of sight)

"Cult of the Dummy Cord"

Last edited:

Latest posts