History of 3-gun: The video

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Good interview.

Being an old fart I'm glad they didn't indicate at what age you need to stop shooting.

I've got another thirteen years before my kids hide the car keys from me. (They've got it marked on a calendar.) But at least I may be able to keep shooting.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benny hill said:
I attended the first SMM3G and you went to the prize table for each weapon fired. I won a pistol, shotgun and rifle. People were crying and bitching. Next year, only one walkthrough at prize table.
The original prize table pirate. I love it!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, and Eric Miller won high pistol over all (with a Browning Hi Power)....unclassified, lots of USPSA weenies wondering who the F#@k is this guy. I finished in the top 10 in all 3 with a 7 round .45, a M-14, and a Benelli M1-121 shotgun....the same gear I used at S.O.F. After a close range 40 round hoser stage I wondered why the hell I brought an M-14! But I didn't change rifles until 1999 when John first gave me a CTR-02.....ahh the stories I could tell about Benny, Todd Salmon and I during after match festivities....but what happens in Mesa... :)

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
A couple of examples come to mind, like emptying a 1911 45 under water at a motel in Cedar City Utah on the way to S.O.F.. Or "test fire" Canyon where everyone would function fire all 3 guns on the way to S.O.F. while driving by at 70 mph. Compton wishes they had as much firepower! :)

Latest posts