High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2012

sharpshooter

Active Fanatic
Anyone mailing an entry in the last couple of days!!!!

I have not received any new entries, except people that I personally spoke with and had them emailed to me,

So if you waited this long to send in an entry, and you still want to shoot the match then the only thing left to do is show up at the match and register and pay then. We have approx. 20 slots left, and half of those will be going to sponsors and people who have already made arrangements to pay and register at the match. I'm sorry but there is no way I can assume that you sent payment and allow you to shoot the match without paying at registration.

I will not be at the mailing address on the application after tonight, if you have questions please call. 512-496-5386, If your check has cleared your bank then you are in the match, I have one check left to deposit, and it belongs to J. Westerman.

Trapr

Trapr - I mailed mine last week, Aaron Butler, if you haven't gotten it yet, please hold me a spot. I'm going to be in OKC on business Friday and I plan on shooting the match and I have no problem paying you on Saturday.
Thanks,
Aaron

dennishoddy

Just got back from the range. Getting 6 hits on paper with 00 buck at 50 meters.
Getting better at the weak hand.
Forgot to take the slugs to shoot, so that will be coming up after work this week.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
Aaron, as we spoke, you are in.

Everyone else please call me if you have issues with registration, but do so at reasonable hours 10am to 10pm CST. The number is attached to post #181.

thanks, see you at the range, you guys can show up at 6am on saturday,....................................................i'll be there around 8am. :eek:nthequiet:

trapr

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I need to get in at least one more load practice before this match ;) I can't wait. My last range trip I was able to get 10/10 slugs on paper at 40yds and 11 out of 18 pellets my first buck went high left... that's what I get for it being my first shot... but still put two holes in the target. The second was close to center and did the job. This match should be a blast!

Feegee

The Magic Man
I am going to H&H tonight to pattern my shotgun. Should I draw a circle as big as a clay pigeon on a large target and see where I am hitting with my birdshot from different yardage's? Is that going to be the best way to figure it out?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?njnwer
Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
I am going to H&H tonight to pattern my shotgun. Should I draw a circle as big as a clay pigeon on a large target and see where I am hitting with my birdshot from different yardage's? Is that going to be the best way to figure it out?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?njnwer
Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a little helpful Feegee,
http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5820-shotgun-pattern-project/page__hl__%2Bshotgun+%2Bpattern

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
that will help you determine if the gun hits where you're aiming, as Jesse said. but you also need to know how big your pattern actually is so you can determine where you need to aim off a target and stil lbe able to hit it or knock it over, and no hit a no shoot. a couple of pellets(8,7.5, 6's) on a no shoot will generally not knock it over, but 5-6 and it gets iffy, or larger birdshot, or a single buckshot pellet .

trapr

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Fegee come shoot steel with me tonight. We will get that no shoot vs shoot target thing figured out.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
OK, round counts rounded up a few to make even numbers: 25 slugs, 25 buck, 125 birdshot. THESE ARE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM NUMBERS, I guarantee neither Kurt nor I would be able to shoot the match with that many rounds, Please bring at least twice that number, especially the buck and slug.
Trapr
Trapr,
are these round counts still correct?

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes there are Michael. You would need to see me or Trader....or just call me as you have my number.

chef.hunter.elliott

Well-Known Fanatic
So a certain company messed up on the shipping of my slugger low recoil slugs and they wont be here til monday. I know the Fiocchi 1150 fps dont shoot well out of my nova, and i dont know where to get anything else. Does anybody have any slugs or know of any place that might carry the sluggers so i can purchase them. Any help would be appreciate seeing that this is unexpected. Thanks

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Just left the range. Trapr has done it again. Stages look like a lot of fun!!!

Who else is ready to shoot upside down?

Latest posts