High Plains Shotgun Challenge 2012

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
The dates for High Plains Shotgun Challenge (HPSC), which will once again be held in OK. are June 23-24, with the RO's shooting on the 22nd and set up taking place on the 21st.
An application will be placed on the website soon, please do not use the one from last year. Entry will be 100.00
We will be using the current IPSC rules, as many of us will be planning on making the first ever World Practical Shotgun match in Hungary later that year. Please make sure and look at the "new" rules as there have been some changes made that affect all divisions.
We are planning on 12-15 stages, and they will all be IPSC type stages, although maybe with a bit higher round count, and a few less short courses.
RNT, will be raffling off a complete race ready Benelli Nova Shotgun, with all the mods used by RNT including the stroke modifications. I'll post a pic of an example as soon as I have one. A limited amount of tickets will be used, at 10.00 each once the tickets are gone thats it, we hope to be able to offer the shotgun up at the match. If you are interested look Kurt or Trapr up at any match we are at. You will not need to be present to win, but shipping will be on you if you are not in the country or on the planet.

Trapr

Attachments

• 2009 IPSC Shotgun Rules.pdf
    927.9 KB · Views: 150
  • HPSC_Entry_Form_2012.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 132

Chambers

actual GM
Woohoo!

For those of us that haven't shot a shotgun match before, are the stages similar to 3-gun shotgun stages?

Looking forward to this one.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Count me in as an RO again. Hopefully this year I can help you guys more with setup as well.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
the stages will be very similar to what you see at most 3 gun matches, but a bit more technical.

We will need at least 10 RO's, any of you that helped out last year are welcome again this year, I do not want to have to look for RO's to fill in at the last second. If we're short RO's then we'll shorten the stage count, and I really do not want to do that.

trapr

Curly

Well-Known Fanatic
the stages will be very similar to what you see at most 3 gun matches, but a bit more technical.

We will need at least 10 RO's, any of you that helped out last year are welcome again this year, I do not want to have to look for RO's to fill in at the last second. If we're short RO's then we'll shorten the stage count, and I really do not want to do that.

trapr
Count me in

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
How fast does this normally fill up? I'm thinking this would be a hell of a good time and a mess of help with my shotgun skills and I'm sure a few interesting words LOL Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

How fast does this normally fill up? I'm thinking this would be a hell of a good time and a mess of help with my shotgun skills and I'm sure a few interesting words LOL Later,

Kirk

Shotgun only matches rarely full up. But the sooner people sign up the more sponsors are willing to donate prizes to be a part of the event so the sooner you sign up the better.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
Jesse has pretty much nailed it, Shotgun only matches do not draw, like carbine and pistol matches. However!!!, next year will also be the WORLD PSG match so we might actually draw a whole 10 or 15 extra shooters because of it, :85:

Normally we get 75 shooters, I have not denied anyone entry due to the match being full yet, but it is nice to get entries in early so we can have abtter idea of what to expect. BTW, apps should be up before Christmas.

Trapr

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe if I start working on loading I'll have it down by then. Let us know when the entries are ready and when I have a spare bill I'll get it in. I watched some video's of it and I'm stoked. Later,

Kirk

ChrisC

Revolver Division
i have an interest in this but i do not know what the rules are can someone give a brief synopsis of what the categories are and the equipment that is allowed?

jtischauser

Match videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTktlEyfdBU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVlnPL_G-P0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Latest posts