Hickok45 announces he can no longer support the NRA

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I have wondered for awhile what has been going on. I just received the "New" NRA magazine in the mail. I read it each time cover to cover and still no explanation or comments from anyone. I understand that the magazine is compiled in advance but this has been going on for awhile. They have had plenty of time to at least make some comment. I want the NRA to be strong but also cohesive. All the in-fighting and back stabbing has to stop. It just gives those that want to destroy the NRA and "US" more ammunition to use against US, " WE THE PEOPLE" who support and depend on the NRA to represent "US".

TENWOLVES

Fanatic
not really. GOA and other 2nd amendment support groups(lobbies) exist. support them
I agree, I've been soured on the NRA for some time now, the GOA is a better way for me and my thinking on the subject, there has just been too much going on in the NRA, Wayne needs to step down before the NRA goes down for good...IMHO anyway...

Pandaz3

Well-Known Fanatic
While I do agree that the 2AF and GOA function better, do more actual protection of rights, The NRA has the name recognition.

dkwinger

New Fanatic
"The NRA has the name recognition."

What we need to keep in mind, though, is that the "name recognition" is a two sided coin. It makes this mess that much worse.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
We don't need "name recognition", whatever that is. Sounds like something the other side uses.

We need, in order, integrity, accountability and results.
I was in sales and marketing related fields for 40 years. Name recognition counts for a lot. That said, it sure as hell doesn't trump the qualities you just listed that are sorely missing in our current NRA leadership.

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
As of today he has 4.2 million subscribers to his YouTube channel. That's a pretty big impact for one persons opinion.
I have faith gun owners can make independent decisions regarding their own support of the NRA. At this time in the political cycle liberals are looking for any reason to say "they" have the NRA on the ropes. Let's not give them any more of a narrative.

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
Where can one find incontrovertible facts regarding this controversy? Are there facts available in the public domain that support the accusations from either or both sides?

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
..." WE THE PEOPLE" who support and depend on the NRA to represent "US".
The NRA does not represent us. Our elected representatives do that.

Representation is a specific political function that is carried out on behalf of another in an arena where only the representatives have a voice. They speak for you in an arena where you are not allowed to speak for yourself.

The NRA is merely an organized set of lobbyists. They don't owe you any fiduciary duty; they don't speak for you, anywhere they can speak, you can speak, and finally, by hiring them to speak for you you do not give up your ability to speak in addition to whatever they say. That is not representation.

LaPierre knows this, and uses it to both his advantage and his enrichment. He knows that if he can talk you into sending him money anyway, for his "representation", he gets to keep the money.

He also knows that there is no way to measure his performance and that there is no way to prove that the NRA's efforts aren't critical.

It's time to replace him and demand that the NRA prove that their efforts ARE critical.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Where can one find incontrovertible facts regarding this controversy? Are there facts available in the public domain that support the accusations from either or both sides?
Which controversy? LaPierre, Nugent, graft, wasted money, lost court cases, lost elections or the various training curriculums?

easy10

Fanatic
Pete Brownell's resignation is of note, worth paying attention to. What is perplexing is why hire the son-in-law of McQueen to sue Ackerman McQueen. La Pierre's shopping trip is peanuts to what the lawyers cost ( $100k/day).

Last edited:

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Well what's up with Ted
The only thing I can think of that Ted is guilty of would be the fact that he comes out really strong against loud mouth liberals, the lack of border security, and stomping on the second amendment, while those things might upset some, I find them all great qualities in a spokesperson. But that's just my conservative, earn it yourself, cut the give-a-ways, opinion.

David D

Active Fanatic
I'll echo some of the comments here...I think LaPierre needs to go...240k on tailored clothing is a joke...there is not a single argument on the planet that can justify that level of spending on suits. The NRA should be an "Of the people, by the people, and for the people" organization. If that type of spending is going on on the surface, I can only imagine what the rest of the iceberg looks like. What an arrogant prick to even try to justify such a lavish lifestyle at the expense of the members.

Dimedog

Fanatic
The only thing I can think of that Ted is guilty of would be the fact that he comes out really strong against loud mouth liberals, the lack of border security, and stomping on the second amendment, while those things might upset some, I find them all great qualities in a spokesperson. But that's just my conservative, earn it yourself, cut the give-a-ways, opinion.
^^^ Agreed

Latest posts