Hickok45 announces he can no longer support the NRA

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Nugent is a draft dodger, a liar, a stolen valor guy and a fool. If you're in the NRA, he speaks for you, and he makes everyone he speaks for look bad. Every time he opens his mouth, he sets the cause of firearm freedom back.

There is no chance I will re-join the NRA as long as he's on the board, speaking for the members with their blessing.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Ted Nugent may be one hell of a guitar player, rock 'n roll musician, gold albums, etc... But he has way too many "issues" that he won't admit to. In summary: he does more harm than good. :(

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Nugent does not fit the model of integrity, accountability and results. He is, in fact, the dead opposite of all three. His integrity is shattered, he refuses to be accountable to anyone and his results are the opposite of what gun owners need.

Sk8r

Active Fanatic
Come on folks, if we're going to repeat or make accusations please at least cite your sources in ways that others can go check it out, and objectively assess credibility.

Otherwise for all we know this (dis)information could be put out by anti-2A with the aim of undermining a significant 2A advocacy organization.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Why?

Assume that everything I've said checks out to be 100% perfectly true.

What will you do? What will you change? What will you say? What will you post? Will you drop out of the NRA? Will you fight to have Nugent removed? Will you go to war against LaPierre? How? Unless you're a life member, you can't touch him. (Either one of them.) Even then, all you can do is cast one vote against him, and do you realize what's standing between him and your one vote? Time, distance, money and the big killer (or multiplier of all three, depending on how you want to count) inertia.

You have to be a life member. You have to go to the annual convention. In person. You have to be present for the vote. Will you take the week off work, put out the cash for the trip, pay to get into the convention, so you can cast one vote against Nugent if my claims check out to be 100% true?

(Look at that list another way. Look at that list as a list of obstacles deliberately designed to keep your from influencing how the money you gave them is spent. Look at who is protected by that list and what they're protected from. But I digress.)

Will you fight to have LaPierre removed? Do you have any idea how well insulated from your wishes he is? We've just discussed how difficult it would be to have Nugent removed. Who do you suppose hires LaPierre?

One of the hidden nasty little facts about the NRA is that it is absolutely not, in any way, even remotely democratic. What members want, what staff wants, what instructors want, even what life members want has nothing to do with how the money you gave them is spent, how their (not your) goals are pursued and what actions are acceptable for the NRA elite to take.

Yeah. Unless you're that life member who's going to the convention and will fight based on what I prove to you, I don't really care if you believe me, because the only thing lost there is your opinion of my opinion.

We're having a dialog on an insignificant gun board. Nothing we say here will change anything, no matter how it ends.

And finally, no anti-gun organization needs to come here and wade in our filth on our little board to destroy the NRA. It just isn't necessary. There are real tactics that could destroy the NRA, but believe me, that isn't one of them. To date, they've been too expensive and too labor intensive to work, but don't worry. They don't include this board.

So. To bring this lovely little chat full circle, I'll repeat my question: why?

Last edited:

Sk8r

Active Fanatic
https://www.npr.org/2019/06/26/7362...ends-lobbyist-resigns-a-new-hill-probe-begins

For me to rejoin, LaPierre and Nugent both need to be removed from any position and there needs to be a public method instituted for instructors to change the curriculum of the classes.

Hmmm, NPR, like Washington Post is well know for being heavily dominated by anti-2A editorial leadership (and "reporters"). Neither provide anything close to objective analysis of first hand sources.

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
Jammer Six:
After reading your signature comments about "Confederate monuments" and "sanctuary cities" , I'm thinking your other comments are irrelevant.......as are your links....and just to be clear, anything else you may have to say.

TR

zb338

Well-Known Fanatic
I would hate to have the Hickock family sitting in my foxhole with me.
They might leave suddenly.

Zeke

easy10

Fanatic
This may be a good thing, a move to support state organizations vs national. You have New York arresting a guy for defending his home because his handgun was not registered to him. His father died and he inherited it. Other states moving to Constitutional Carry. Like to hear from those with memberships in State organizations.

Latest posts