Helpful little tip

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought I'd share something that has been working well for me.
I've been living in elastic waist bands as of late which aren't stable enough to support a holster. What I have been doing is putting my belt on around my waist with my crossbreed on, then tuck the waistband into the belt clips. The first few times I didn't tuck the waistband in and it worked but the waistband rode up and caught on the edge of the kydex and I was concerned that it would interfere if I had to draw. I haven't tried this with thin or drapey/clingy fabric but it works great with sweats, pajama pants and the cotton skirts I own. I found that I did have to check how straight the hem was a bit more frequently but that's fairly standard anyway. I've been thinking that dots of the double sided sticky tape, the kind used to keep necklines and sleeves from gaping, arranged around the belt would help keep the waist level. Or really big paperclips. ;)
I leave my shirt untucked as the belt clips stand out quite a bit since you aren't visibly wearing a belt, and I arrange the elastic to make sure it isn't stretched or bunched between the clips but otherwise I don't even notice it. It's actually a little more comfortable for me as I've lost a bit of weight so the waistbands on my jeans bunch up under my belt, plus it pulls the gun in closer and conceals it even better. I wear mine at the 3:00 position and my husband had to stop and look to see that I was wearing it when I asked.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
Neat idea! Can you post a picture? I'd love to be able to wear my sweats and my gun simultaneously!

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
Sure!
6130578150_37799742c3_m.jpg

You know, it's not that easy to take a picture of your gun while you're wearing it LOL
When my daughter gets home from school I'll have her put on her jammie pants and strap it on her so you can get a better idea.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome! 'Cuz some days I just don't feel like wearing jeans anymore...'specially since the only ones that fit are my maternity jeans (boo hiss) I can't wait to lose the rest of this weight!

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
MonsterGirl agreed to model for you so here's a better picture.
We used one of her fashion belts and her slippery jammies and it still held fairly well, I did pull it down in this picture to hopefully better illustrate how I layer them.
6131032074_a2b288148e_m.jpg

Here's one of how the whole thing looks. She doesn't have a lot of real estate but we fit it on her as best we could.
6130487255_cd70be2099_m.jpg

Latest posts