Help fieldgrade spec a Wilson

aaronsappl

Fanatic
.45acp

I shoot a Fusion 1911 9mm in ESP, and currently a Springer in CDP with a Colt as back-up for sanctioned matches. I'll run the WC in CDP now. I looked at their competition front fiber sight. Does that hook for that aperture ever snag?
367CFOG_T.jpg

If I change the standard WC front fiber sight that mine will come with I'll put in a Dawson.

I have never had it to snag on anything. I have only had a couple of months. It is very accurate. I am new to IDPA, not new to Wilson's or 1911's. I started shooting IDPA in June, it is a blast. Didn't know what I was missing.

Let us know how you like the Wilson for IDPA.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I have never had it to snag on anything. I have only had a couple of months. It is very accurate. I am new to IDPA, not new to Wilson's or 1911's. I started shooting IDPA in June, it is a blast. Didn't know what I was missing.

Let us know how you like the Wilson for IDPA.
I started shooting IDPA three years ago. Most fun an old fart can have with his pants on. I shot 8 weekends in a row after my first match. I was hooked.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Been at a match all day and just got home. Ran a different blaster than this one. This one is as yet unfired since leaving Arkansas. Just picked it up yesterday. Poor lighting so this picture suffered. It is not a naked slide, but the roll marks are very "understated", which I like.

No frills. All business.

fullsizeoutput_af3.jpeg

Last edited:

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Been at a match all day and just got home. Ran a different blaster than this one. This one is as yet unfired since leaving Arkansas. Just picked it up yesterday. Poor lighting so this picture suffered. It is not a naked slide, but the roll marks are very "understated", which I like.

No frills. All business.

View attachment 3289

I like it a lot, fieldgrade! Congratulations!

Latest posts