Hello from Houston

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey everybody! New to the forum and competition shooting world. I've got a fair bit of defensive pistol training under my belt but completely new to competitions. I'm hoping to get into a few 3 gun matches on the west side of town this spring.

By the way, forum name is an old nickname. I'm only 33, the name just stuck.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Howdy. From what I've found there's Thunder gun range in Conroe - first Saturday, West Houston IDPA (they shoot 3 gun) @ impact zone north of Brookshire - second Saturday, Dissident Arms Multigun @ Cawthon Cartridge Club in Navasota - 4th Sunday.

The dissident guys model there matches after what ever major they are shooting next. $40 lots of bang for ur buck. Whidpa is a lot smaller, $20 for a match (plus yearly insurance) but you have to help set up and tear down.

Looking forward to seeing u out there. I wont make Whidpa this weekend but hopefully dissident at the end of the month.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Hey there old man. Welcome to the party. How many girls and kids do you have? ðŸ˜'ðŸ˜'ðŸ˜'

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the welcome guys! And the info on the matches.

WHIPDA and Thunder are about the same distance from the house, so I may start there but a big match sounds like fun!

Our first kid is due in March so hopefully I can make a match or two before life ends as I know it. :eek:

Latest posts