Heartland Price Gouging

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
A friend just call me asking if I wanted his 10 windowed PMAGS (new in wrapper) for $30 ea. He called HO & that's what they'd pay.

It does prove that HO cannot get them anywhere for what they paid for them 10 days ago, despite everyone's uninformed claims to the contrary.

magnumds

New Fanatic
I am in good shape for 20-30 thousand rounds and I have just over 100 magazines, so I am fine. It's funny though how everyone flipped out when Cheaper than Dirt did the same thing but its ok for heartland to do it. <confused>

Mr. Mike Pinto
This is your lucky day. I never pay any attention to most of the blogs but for you I shall make an exception. It doesn't matter to anyone that Heartland Outdoors lost more than 100,000.00 recently from idiots firing tracer rounds into the back stop, setting the rubber on fire, laughing and leaving. And why am I not taken aback that you personally have spent 516.00 in total with Heartland for the nearly 4 years we have been open which included some cleaning supplies a couple weeks ago but you will gladly meet to use our parking lot for your upcoming trades. In your infamous wisdom you have no way of knowing that Heartland changed anything until the vendors came after us. You claim to know so much about Magpul and pricing perhaps we could make arrangements for you to purchase the store and straighten out this horrible travesty. More than 1 of our distributors completely cancelled existing and outstanding orders, increased the pricing and re issued the orders. Perhaps with a genious like yourself at the wheel it would perhaps make a profit someday. It also helped tremendously when all the clothing items had to be taken away in Christmas season because of the fire and smoke and the shelves lay bare with nothing to sell. But you could have prevevented the idiot invasion I am certain as it takes one to know one. Since the store's inception of August 3 years ago it has lost several hundred thousand dollars per year. Perhaps a genious like yourself could have done much better. However given the truth that ammunition and firearms have very small mark up we have done the best that we can do and we love the clients that love us. A total investment of more than 2.4 million dollars is sitting there for our clients to enjoy. The Hepa filter system and gun range was a 700,000.00 investment and is state of the art. The old barnwood on the interior is actual Edmond, Oklahoma fence panels that were worn out and replaced in someone's back yard. Heartland employees made that happen. Irregardless of the losses and to my knowledge there has been no child or no legitimate cause for charity events turned down since the beginning. I have no need to provide recipient list. Heartland Outdoors has been welcomed by this community and the people who truly care about us know and understand what we provide for the community.It is not only a very beautiful storefront and interior we employ a lot of wonderful people. I do not compare myself to anyone else and when you say such horrible things about my people you get my attention. Perhaps it would serve us better if when you pass our store you just remind yourself that if you must ask the price then perhaps you can't afford it. I would be eternally greatful if you and your like minded associates would just move on.

I am the owner of the store. Everyone that knows me really knows me and they know my heart. I live by Matthew 6 1-4 and do not concern myself with such hatefulness. However; as much as I should keep it to myself I just can't hold it in. My name is Barry Bryant. I am very easy to find. Say what you will about us and please find somewhere else to spend the next 516.00. If I were you I would not let me see you in my parking lot making your trades. I would ask you to please take your business to Miles but I happen to like Miles and do not wish that upon him. And my very greatest disappointment of all is that I can not buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I for one do not blame heartland for the current situation. In fact Heartland is the only shop that would even take my call when I had a couple questions last week looking for a last minute Christmas present. That includes my local shops in the Lawton area. I for one will be happy to continue supporting Heartland once this madness blows over.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
It proves they probably weren't making $20 each on them when they had them at the $17 retail....

$30 is quite a bit "less than $50"

What do you guys want? If their old cost was $9.00 and they sold them for $18, that's 100% mark up and that was A-Ok

Now, they'll pay more than 3X their old price then mark them up only 66% and you're bitching about it. How much should they be "allowed" to make?

Don't worry, after they run completely out, they'll mark them down to $10 per dozen....:rolleyes:

Barry posted some hard facts that explain the situation pretty well, do there's little reason for me to post on this further. I will continue to support HO. I hope others do, too, but it's a free country.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Mr. Mike Pinto
This is your lucky day. I never pay any attention to most of the blogs but for you I shall make an exception. It doesn't matter to anyone that Heartland Outdoors lost more than 100,000.00 recently from idiots firing tracer rounds into the back stop, setting the rubber on fire, laughing and leaving. And why am I not taken aback that you personally have spent 516.00 in total with Heartland for the nearly 4 years we have been open which included some cleaning supplies a couple weeks ago but you will gladly meet to use our parking lot for your upcoming trades. In your infamous wisdom you have no way of knowing that Heartland changed anything until the vendors came after us. You claim to know so much about Magpul and pricing perhaps we could make arrangements for you to purchase the store and straighten out this horrible travesty. More than 1 of our distributors completely cancelled existing and outstanding orders, increased the pricing and re issued the orders. Perhaps with a genious like yourself at the wheel it would perhaps make a profit someday. It also helped tremendously when all the clothing items had to be taken away in Christmas season because of the fire and smoke and the shelves lay bare with nothing to sell. But you could have prevevented the idiot invasion I am certain as it takes one to know one. Since the store's inception of August 3 years ago it has lost several hundred thousand dollars per year. Perhaps a genious like yourself could have done much better. However given the truth that ammunition and firearms have very small mark up we have done the best that we can do and we love the clients that love us. A total investment of more than 2.4 million dollars is sitting there for our clients to enjoy. The Hepa filter system and gun range was a 700,000.00 investment and is state of the art. The old barnwood on the interior is actual Edmond, Oklahoma fence panels that were worn out and replaced in someone's back yard. Heartland employees made that happen. Irregardless of the losses and to my knowledge there has been no child or no legitimate cause for charity events turned down since the beginning. I have no need to provide recipient list. Heartland Outdoors has been welcomed by this community and the people who truly care about us know and understand what we provide for the community.It is not only a very beautiful storefront and interior we employ a lot of wonderful people. I do not compare myself to anyone else and when you say such horrible things about my people you get my attention. Perhaps it would serve us better if when you pass our store you just remind yourself that if you must ask the price then perhaps you can't afford it. I would be eternally greatful if you and your like minded associates would just move on.

I am the owner of the store. Everyone that knows me really knows me and they know my heart. I live by Matthew 6 1-4 and do not concern myself with such hatefulness. However; as much as I should keep it to myself I just can't hold it in. My name is Barry Bryant. I am very easy to find. Say what you will about us and please find somewhere else to spend the next 516.00. If I were you I would not let me see you in my parking lot making your trades. I would ask you to please take your business to Miles but I happen to like Miles and do not wish that upon him. And my very greatest disappointment of all is that I can not buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth.

The exact response I expected. I have personally brought 9 people in to your store that have purchased guns. I am sponsored by many companies so I have the luxury of not having to rely on retail stored that take advantage of local clients. I wish you well but I will not ever be in your store again plainly on principal.
I have spoken to you many times and although I think you personally are a stand up fellow, I think your business practices suck. Luckily for me, I have options but some do not, and I personally will do whatever I can for the folks that are looking to get into competition shooting to not have to pay 300 times fair market value for anything, be it at you establishment or any other. I would think values akin to that is what all local businesses would strive to.
Call it a difference in opinion and since I don't own a retail establishment, I have the luxury of calling it like I see it.
Good luck and hopefully it all works out.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Sorry for the typos, sending from a mobile device but after reading it again, you proved my point pointing out that I have only spent $516 in your store. Thanks for validating my point.

Merry Christmas.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Barry,
I took this offline in hopes we can agree to disagree. Mods might want to lock her up before people start calling each others moms names. :)

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike, just for the record, you've never met Barry. You're thinking of Todd.

I second the vote to lock this up.

Latest posts