Hay from North English Iowa.

Buddha

Fanatic
Morning everyone.

I am a conservative blue collar X military divorced family man doing maintenance for the U of I dorms. I recently bought a 9mm DW TCP at my local shop which is my first pistol, and finally got out to my bug out property and shot up a few tin cans. The TCP shot flawlessly for the first 50 rounds of 114 grain blazers except one slow feed on the first round of the fifth mag but attribute that to a weak sling shot. I just received a few 3/8 ar500 targets and t post hangers, so I'll have something better to shoot at.

So that's where I'm at. I need another 450 rounds through it to be broken in, and then more than likely the TCP will live in my bed stand because I bought it for HD. Ive got my fingers crossed that I dont have any failure to feed or not locking back issues Ive read about.

Anyway, thanks for having me and I apologize before hand for any stupid questions I may ask. In my defense, I live in a liberal town and raised in a liberal family but have taken a hard right lately..

View from the bugout property my GF lives at.

67745694_2415676798479679_5013941372491661312_o.jpg

IMG_0711.JPGIMG_1656 (2).JPG

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Morning everyone.

I am a conservative blue collar X military divorced family man doing maintenance for the U of I dorms. I recently bought a 9mm DW TCP at my local shop which is my first pistol, and finally got out to my bug out property and shot up a few tin cans. The TCP shot flawlessly for the first 50 rounds of 114 grain blazers except one slow feed on the first round of the fifth mag but attribute that to a weak sling shot. I just received a few 3/8 ar500 targets and t post hangers, so I'll have something better to shoot at.

So that's where I'm at. I need another 450 rounds through it to be broken in, and then more than likely the TCP will live in my bed stand because I bought it for HD. Ive got my fingers crossed that I dont have any failure to feed or not locking back issues Ive read about.

Anyway, thanks for having me and I apologize before hand for any stupid questions I may ask. In my defense, I live in a liberal town and raised in a liberal family but have taken a hard right lately..

View attachment 28399

View attachment 28400View attachment 28401
Welcome aboard! We are very happy to have you here. Incredible pictures, and don't feel your questions are foolish, let alone dumb. The quickest way to learn is to watch, ask questions, and to follow folks like you will find here. I haven't met anyone here, who would intentionally steer you wrong, or give other folks problems I continue to learn so much here, and I've always been treated with dignity, and respect.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Western NC.
You have some nice Looong range views there. Do you have any plans on a nice 7.62 NATO rifle for the task? ;)
gun sniper GIF

Buddha

Fanatic
Welcome from Western NC.
You have some nice Looong range views there. Do you have any plans on a nice 7.62 NATO rifle for the task? ;)
gun sniper GIF
Haha.. Nope, pretty sure HD doesn't include shots from a mile away.. In fact I think I read you could be charged with manslaughter if any more then 20 feet.

Honestly, Ive NEVER even once thought I "should have had a gun". But these uncertain times, and right wing sites I visit have me a little concerned.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Haha.. Nope, pretty sure HD doesn't include shots from a mile away.. In fact I think I read you could be charged with manslaughter if any more then 20 feet.

Honestly, Ive NEVER even once thought I "should have had a gun". But these uncertain times, and right wing sites I visit have me a little concerned.
Come into my kitchen, said the spider, to the fly.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic

I live in Iowa City. Bug out property is in north english, but Im austrian.. Long story.

Why the confusion?
If you have incoming fire from a mile away, why wouldn't it be HD?
Current events, As Russia is attacking Ukraine with field artillery from 20+ miles away. I would consider that a HD issue. Now, I don't think that anyone here is being attacked from 20 miles, but if it was, it should be HD. ???

No, nothing big. I just started thinking that maybe you are outside of the USA.
If you don't know, So I asked.

1663426741658.gif

Buddha

Fanatic
If you have incoming fire from a mile away, why wouldn't it be HD?
Current events, As Russia is attacking Ukraine with field artillery from 20+ miles away. I would consider that a HD issue. Now, I don't think that anyone here is being attacked from 20 miles, but if it was, it should be HD. ???

No, nothing big. I just started thinking that maybe you are outside of the USA.
If you don't know, So I asked.

View attachment 28409
Agreed, that would be HD.

And even though I don't think my house would ever burn down, I have a extinguisher.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Morning everyone.

View attachment 28399

Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

dennishoddy

Morning everyone.

View attachment 28399

Welcome to 1911 Fanatics. Beautiful view from your place!
I also came from a no-gun liberal background as a youth, but some time spent in the military along with watching world events convinced me to go the opposite direction in my youth.

skibum

Fanatic
Welcome. That's a great looking St. Bernard you have. I grew up with two of them, fantastic companions.