Have We Killed the Medical Profession

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic

What is the role of a doctor now that healthcare is not about health?

Quote;
The COVID fraud continues, and we see massive number of doctors leaving practice, suffering from mental health crises, and even committing suicide (Here is an article blaming it on COVID). Many reasons are given for this, but I think the entire issue begs the question, what is the role of a doctor?

1650119119123.gif

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

What is the role of a doctor now that healthcare is not about health?

Quote;
The COVID fraud continues, and we see massive number of doctors leaving practice, suffering from mental health crises, and even committing suicide (Here is an article blaming it on COVID). Many reasons are given for this, but I think the entire issue begs the question, what is the role of a doctor?

View attachment 25586
Their role has become to follow the "guidance" provided by deep state operators (Fauci in the case of Covid). They have no choice. Their livelihood will be taken away if they fail to stay in line.

TXPlt

Well-Known Fanatic
"We" haven't killed anything.

The profession committed suicide due to Covid insanity. By backing ineffective mandates and draconian lockdowns. All of which did harm and none of which did any good. They have lost a very great deal of credibility.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
"We" haven't killed anything.

The profession committed suicide due to Covid insanity. By backing ineffective mandates and draconian lockdowns. All of which did harm and none of which did any good. They have lost a very great deal of credibility.
I agree. I don't trust them now at all. They put money ahead of doing what most of them knew was right....some simply fell for the bullshit....and now I question their intelligence. Everything health related is in question now as far as I'm concerned.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't believe any of it from day one! If you go back and read my messages from February 2020 I have always said this was nothing more than a flu!! Bad for some? Yes!! But that's no different than the seasonal flu! Healthcare and government made it bad!!

By the way I just had my yearly health check up and I had a few things to discuss with her.
One was I know I put on a few pounds and I'm the one who brought it up. I didn't really want to get a lecture and was waiting for it but she just said "we all try, just do the best you can"!????? WTF!!
This body positivity crap and not hurting peoples feelings had gone way too far when even your primary care physician won't tell you your a fat ass when you need to be told!
I'm not extremely fat but definitely overweight, I should be about 40 lbs lighter, currently at 299

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We did not kill it. They did!
dead the addams family GIF

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Interesting observations about the COVID angle....can see the "burn out" aspect. But I think it's a a host of larger issues....

My Son just finished his 2nd year of Med School (he wants to be a Vascular Surgeon). Talking to him and hearing some of his insights are...interesting, and disturbing.

1) Many going into the profession are, his words...."snowflakes". They expect to be passed through without hard work, they expect accommodations instead of "sucking it up" and pressing on, they seem to gravitate to the "softer" side of medicine (ie: therapy, discussions, etc.) instead of hardcore medicine (getting in there up to your elbows and getting the job done).

2) The "woke" phenomena has infiltrated the medical profession. They are being taught to be "gentler", "kinder", "more empathetic". As my Son says..."Dad, if I have some fat f***k come in and complain about his diabetes/high blood pressure/achy joints/etc., I'm going to tell him...Hey! Your a fat f**k and need to lose weight dumbazz!" (LOL...he's alot like me in some aspects). He says they are taught to dance around the straight up truth so as not to alarm patients and cause anxiety:rolleyes:

Luckily for us....he's like his Old Man....a no-nonsense, roll your sleeves up and get the job done type. I've been accused of having the "empathy of a flea"....well, he has even less! LOL. He said his hardest course so far was on "empathy"....he said the biological/chemistry/etc stuff is easy...but being empathetic is HARD! LOL....but, he's learning....

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting observations about the COVID angle....can see the "burn out" aspect. But I think it's a a host of larger issues....

My Son just finished his 2nd year of Med School (he wants to be a Vascular Surgeon). Talking to him and hearing some of his insights are...interesting, and disturbing.

1) Many going into the profession are, his words...."snowflakes". They expect to be passed through without hard work, they expect accommodations instead of "sucking it up" and pressing on, they seem to gravitate to the "softer" side of medicine (ie: therapy, discussions, etc.) instead of hardcore medicine (getting in there up to your elbows and getting the job done).

2) The "woke" phenomena has infiltrated the medical profession. They are being taught to be "gentler", "kinder", "more empathetic". As my Son says..."Dad, if I have some fat f***k come in and complain about his diabetes/high blood pressure/achy joints/etc., I'm going to tell him...Hey! Your a fat f**k and need to lose weight dumbazz!" (LOL...he's alot like me in some aspects). He says they are taught to dance around the straight up truth so as not to alarm patients and cause anxiety:rolleyes:

Luckily for us....he's like his Old Man....a no-nonsense, roll your sleeves up and get the job done type. I've been accused of having the "empathy of a flea"....well, he has even less! LOL. He said his hardest course so far was on "empathy"....he said the biological/chemistry/etc stuff is easy...but being empathetic is HARD! LOL....but, he's learning....
I absolutely love it! I'd love to have your son for my doctor...we'd get along famously!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't believe any of it from day one! If you go back and read my messages from February 2020 I have always said this was nothing more than a flu!! Bad for some? Yes!! But that's no different than the seasonal flu! Healthcare and government made it bad!!

By the way I just had my yearly health check up and I had a few things to discuss with her.
One was I know I put on a few pounds and I'm the one who brought it up. I didn't really want to get a lecture and was waiting for it but she just said "we all try, just do the best you can"!????? WTF!!
This body positivity crap and not hurting peoples feelings had gone way too far when even your primary care physician won't tell you your a fat ass when you need to be told!
I'm not extremely fat but definitely overweight, I should be about 40 lbs lighter, currently at 299
Respect your honesty sir. We need more folks to be like you. I'm somewhere in the 5-10# range. Back to the gym and less pasta for me. I'm short at 5'7"ish. Small frame this over 160 has to go. I was up to 180 about a year ago. Quit drinking alcohol, and watched what went in my mouth but not close enough, low 160's now want between 150 to 155, and at least somewhat toned. Will be 69 in about 3 weeks, doesn't come off as easy as it did 30 years ago.

Latest posts