Hand pain

Chambers

actual GM
Having some pain in my left hand (weak hand). Specifically, in the back of the hand, like the muscles/tendons that you use to crush a pistol grip. Not major pain, the annoying kind. It goes away when I leave off it for a couple days but then I'll work out/practice and it's back.

I'll probably go to the doc next week if it doesn't quit, but I think I know what he's going to say and I'm a stubborn bastard. Anybody else experience this? With what result?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
what Mike said.....You probably strained a tendon

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Tylenol. It's actually a very good anti-inflammatory. Don't do crap for a headache but it's pretty good for inflammation. Provided that's what your problem is.

Are you going to be wearing a brace tomorrow so we can ridicule you incessantly?

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Tylenol. It's actually a very good anti-inflammatory. Don't do crap for a headache but it's pretty good for inflammation. Provided that's what your problem is.

Are you going to be wearing a brace tomorrow so we can ridicule you incessantly?

Tylenol is not an anti-inflammatory medication. It is a pain reliever and fever reducer.

If you could explain the pain a little better to me, I might he able to help.

Chambers

actual GM
Hard to explain. Not like a pulled muscle, kind of a tingle. Not swollen or anything, ice did not help.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I've been experiencing something very similar in my weak hand index finger. Mine is just about a half-inch behind the first knuckle in the back of the hand it feels like I've hit a nerve. There's a sharp pain and numbness down the finger that feels like an electric shock. It's worse in flexion than in extension. If my wrist and fingers are in flexion at the same time (like the thumb-comp method on the foregrip/forend) she really sings. I'm thinking that grip may have stressed the tendon in the back of my hand. I recently changed to a longer forend which resulted in a longer reach. I had something similar happen when I was climbing. If I climbed a long route with narrow cracks I would use a lot of ring locks and inevitably my hand would hurt this way.

Doc, it only hurts when I do "this" :rolleyes:

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Hard to explain. Not like a pulled muscle, kind of a tingle. Not swollen or anything, ice did not help.
Here's a wild guess based on your, (no offense but not so great, Haha!) description: Wartenberg syndrome. Does this sound close at all?

http://www.eorif.com/WristHand/Wartenbergs.html

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Back when I was a pu$$y my weakhand hurt too. I hit the gym and now I have two stronghands. When USPSA does stronghand/weakhand stuff I gotta real dilemma.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Back when I was a pu$$y my weakhand hurt too. I hit the gym and now I have two stronghands. When USPSA does stronghand/weakhand stuff I gotta real dilemma.

I'm pretty sure mine is George Bush's fault. I recently bought a Sam's membership though so that I could save on bulk ibuprofen and ointment for my girl parts.

S

Sandy C

Having some pain in my left hand (weak hand). Specifically, in the back of the hand, like the muscles/tendons that you use to crush a pistol grip. Not major pain, the annoying kind. It goes away when I leave off it for a couple days but then I'll work out/practice and it's back.

I'll probably go to the doc next week if it doesn't quit, but I think I know what he's going to say and I'm a stubborn bastard. Anybody else experience this? With what result?

A therapeutic massage may give you some relief.

Latest posts