Guncrafter Guncrafter Pic Thread

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic
I've posted these before, but I'm not shy and I do love my Hellcat...

dUQtpvq.jpg

1ZjQXC8.jpg

Fcpclyy.jpg

45caldude

Active Fanatic
More pics of this one, please. What is the weight difference since it is "overbuilt"? How smoothly does it rack? What is the trigger like? How accurate? Sorry, but I think this pistol is very cool.

Weight is about the same as any carbon steel 1911 with a rail. More on that in a bit. Slide racks smooth like any other GI and the trigger is fantastic. It's accurate and follow up shots are easy. It's just a nicely balanced railed 1911.

To fit the bigger parts question. The slide stop is bigger so they had to remove metal out frame to make the hole diameter wider. The same goes for the extractor and ejector, metal would have to be removed from the slide. So it almost evens out in that manner. Now the barrel is thicker and adds a bit of weight. I'd like to see this in a Flange/Predator/Coned or even Comp setup to even exaggerate the follow up shot ability - hint hint Derek.

The finish looks like gun metal gray. I believe it's just cerakote over melonite/nitride.

Specs from - https://www.guncrafterindustries.com/the-h-o-s-s-custom-1911/

HOSS Heavy Barrel-chamber and barrel wall thickness increased by 56%, and beefed up barrel feet by 65%
HOSS Slide Stop-33% increase in width, to .200
HOSS Extractor-33% increase in width, to .200
HOSS Plunger Tube-4 post, thick walled, made from 4130 Chrome Moly Steel
HOSS Barrel Link-increased width by 22%, made from hardened steel, with a hardened steel
HOSS Barrel Bushing-increased thickness by 56%
HOSS Ejector-Ejector post more than double the size of standard cross pin

Here's the pics you requested.

gwHgGy8.jpg

XDARakI.jpg

7w1O7AZ.jpg

4lOPz7B.jpg

7htyQ4b.jpg

fHGmsfA.jpg

qiIgpEo.jpg

DuhZWgF.jpg

Latest posts