Gun sales sky rocket

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
The lady on Preppers kept making these medical outbreak kits and going door to door in her neighborhood giving them to anyone that would take one. That's certified crazy! I wish my neighbors would do that with ammo to help keep me safe.

Hell, even with a med-kit of some kind I'd take it. Never a bad idea to have a first aid kit in your car or whatever.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Hell, even with a med-kit of some kind I'd take it. Never a bad idea to have a first aid kit in your car or whatever.

It was an outbreak kit. Like to protect from the flu, anthrax in the vents and crazy stuff like that. Gloves mask apron etc. looked like those pics from the asian airports when the bird flu gets crazy.

It's funny to me how all these Preppers are prepping for their own disaster. I've seen the show twice and there are 4-6 different types already. So even if your prepped for your scary scenario you still only got a 1/4-1/6 chance of truly being prepped.

I guess I don't like worrying about the worst that can happen all the time. It's depressing!

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
It was an outbreak kit. Like to protect from the flu, anthrax in the vents and crazy stuff like that. Gloves mask apron etc. looked like those pics from the asian airports when the bird flu gets crazy.

It's funny to me how all these Preppers are prepping for their own disaster. I've seen the show twice and there are 4-6 different types already. So even if your prepped for your scary scenario you still only got a 1/4-1/6 chance of truly being prepped.

I guess I don't like worrying about the worst that can happen all the time. It's depressing!

Oh ... Uhh ... I guess you could use it for repainting your living room? lol

My wife and I love watching that show. She's finishing up her Masters in Psychology so breaking down those people and their crazy is a lot of fun.

xwing

Fanatic
Obama will get away with whatever he can to hurt the 2nd amendment (along with the rest of the Constitution.) What remains to be seen is what he can get away with. When he tries something, it will be up to our Representatives to stop him. Make sure you have the Rep’s numbers on speed-dial. :)

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Obama will get away with whatever he can to hurt the 2nd amendment (along with the rest of the Constitution.) What remains to be seen is what he can get away with. When he tries something, it will be up to our Representatives to stop him. Make sure you have the Rep’s numbers on speed-dial. :)

that was exactly what everyone said when he got elected the first time..

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I think the only thing that saved a AWB in his first term was Fast and Furious hitting the fan because he had the Dems to pass it, in his first two yrs. He was also caught up trying the get healthcare passed.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
There are two other branches of government, and "the Dems" in the Legislative branch aren't the monolithic gun-grabbing voting bloc you seem to think they are.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
When you typed that did you have a picture of Sonya Sotomayor on you screen? Cause if you dropped the n't from your post it would fit nicely.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Because people don't actually know what the president can and cannot do, even though that information is free and available 100% of the time via numerous sources.
This president is pushing the boundaries of legality as it is. It is unconstitutional for a President to issue an executive order to not enforce existing laws but the current occupant has done just that and no one bats an eye.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
This isn't about gun sales but ammo sales. Have you guys really seen the rush in ammo sales? I'm still seeing fairly well stocked shelves. I've bought 1,000 rounds of Federal .223 and over 1,000 rounds of Tula .223 locally since the election. There's more on the shelves, too. It seems like the rush isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. I've been gathering parts for some AR builds and while they aren't in stock everywhere, I've bought a couple BCGs and various other parts recently and found them in stock. Maybe the suppliers ramped up production before the election? I have seen a small rush on ammo and a larger rush on parts, just not an all out grab-anything-you-can-find rush.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Although I have no reason to, I often peruse the ammo section at my Walmart, and it was well-stocked yesterday. It has been consistently well-stocked with everything but cheap .223 for a few years now. I wonder how components are doing. Seems like people are talking about a lot of backorders, and I'm going to need 10K projectiles in a month or so.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Wal-Mart by me has been fine too. I'm thinking that the hoarders all got fully stocked up 4 years ago. Or their credit cards are still maxed out.

I know a guy who bought a RRA AR the day after the election. He said he was lucky to get his though; apparently it was the last one the distributor had.

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Poopgiggle,

The three branches of Government was also around when Bill Clinton signed the AWB into law on the same day it was voted in by the legislative branch.
Do I believe that all Dem's are against guns no, but when you have voting number it is very easy to be persuaded into changing your vote. Not all the Dem's like the Healthcare Law but after back room deals voted for it. It happens in both Parties!

Executive Orders, is it in the Constitution no but are subject to judicial review, and can be Unconstitutional.

Wal Mart over here are empty when it comes to 223 and 9 mm ammo just about all the time unless you happen to show up when it is being stocked. When I was visiting my son at ETSU I stopped at 4 walmarts only 2 had 9mm ammo I bought 4 hundred 2 at other. People over here must have paid down their credit card or they are not Max out yet.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Poopgiggle,

The three branches of Government was also around when Bill Clinton signed the AWB into law on the same day it was voted in by the legislative branch.
Do I believe that all Dem's are against guns no, but when you have voting number it is very easy to be persuaded into changing your vote. Not all the Dem's like the Healthcare Law but after back room deals voted for it. It happens in both Parties!

1. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's pretty commonly accepted in the Democratic party that the AWB was a major contributing factor to the massive Republican takeover of 1994. They learned their lesson and don't want that to happen again. Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, et al introduce wacky gun legislation ALL THE TIME and it doesn't go anywhere anymore.

2. The AWB was kind of a special case because it was attached as a big omnibus bill that gave a shitload of money to law enforcement. Voting against that could make one look soft on crime come the next election, so few people could afford to vote against it.

One example of how the times are changing is the Lautenburg amendment to the Cybersecurity Act that would have capped magazine capacity. "Cybersecurity" is a hot topic that few people understand but lots of people care about so Congress just LOVES throwing money at it. Then Frank Lautenburg attaches a magazine capacity ban to it and it's dead in the water.

Executive Orders, is it in the Constitution no but are subject to judicial review, and can be Unconstitutional.

All of that is true but it doesn't mean that this order was unconstitutional.

Wal Mart over here are empty when it comes to 223 and 9 mm ammo just about all the time unless you happen to show up when it is being stocked. When I was visiting my son at ETSU I stopped at 4 walmarts only 2 had 9mm ammo I bought 4 hundred 2 at other. People over here must have paid down their credit card or they are not Max out yet.

If you're running dry, just go to the Wal-Mart at Admiral and Memorial in Tulsa.

Bring backup.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
which part of the Constitution says that?
Article 2 of the constitution grants no such power therefore it does not exist. In fact the executive branch is to ENFORCE laws not find ways to bypass them. A leader that can selectively enforce laws at his will is a Dictator, nothing else.

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Poopgiggle
Thanks for heads up on ammo in Tulsa, but I should have been a little clearer I live in Tenn and I was at East Tennessee State University.

CROWS 0311

Active Fanatic
I'm with some of you, though i'm a first time poster, so it won't mean much. Former Marine infantryman, if it will help.

It's a republican house, so it'll meet resistance and get watered down I'm sure, but it'll go through. After all the recent shootings it'll have civy support, right or not.

Ban list is pretty extensive, I bought 3 more AR stripped lowers to play with to beat it out. Only $150, and they won't depreciate in value regardless wether the ban goes in or not. It's a smart idea. Who doesn't want more toys?

Latest posts