Gun sales sky rocket

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sure most people watched the second debate when Oblama said he would not only like to reintroduce the AWB but also ban other gun. Due to the fact that people in Chicago are being gunned down and the shooters aren't using AW.

So on the late local news last night it was stated that gun sales are through the roof here in TN this last week. I know a lot of people are worried and have been with Obama in office. I've seen National news report of high gun sales these last 4 yrs but this is the first local report. I'm sure it's because they don't want to scare the tourists off in Pigeon Forge and Gatlingburg. I was just wondering if it's happening in your area and if the local news is reporting it or has reported it.

Jason1

Well-Known Fanatic
It's happening everywhere. I really don't think Barack Osama has the votes in Congress to push any kind of ban through.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
The real reason THE EVIL GEORGE SOROS is buying up gun companies is so that he can reap the profits from spikes in gun sales caused by fear of the candidates he gets elected.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish you were right about not enough votes to pass gun control, but I fear you are wrong. Politicians are too busy trying to be popular and get favorable coverage in the lame stream media that they will cave to the laws passed in the interest of "public safety". Also we have lost a lot of our leverage because of the recent elections and really can't threaten to vote out someone who probably won't get re-elected anyway.(the economy is going to tank and inflation is going to skyrocket). So I bought everything I could afford and have noticed many of the items have increased 10% in the last week. So blame me for the increases if you want but my prices were the same when I bought. :triniti:

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have seen increased gun sales news stories on two of our major news networks in OKC. I just picked up my first suppressor last night at Cold Hand Arms and Steve said the frenzy is even worse than in 2008. Thankfully I have all of the guns I need currently. I did buy 9,000 rounds of ammo this week to help make matters worse.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, you can never have enough guns or ammunition and whos' house are they going to visit first when the worst happens. All you guys with those nice tax stamps. :triniti:

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Any gun control legislation will die in the House. It isn't really a popular issue, it doesn't rank high with the public, and only long-serving conventional "liberal" politicians would introduce and sponsor such legislation. Which only means it would be more likely to make headlines. All this talk is really just driving a semi-macroeconomic supply/demand curve.

threegungeezer

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish I could believe that the House will stand firm but I do not think so. As far as gun control not being popular, that doesn't matter. Obamacare wasn't popular still isn't and it passed. Several states passed laws allowing doctors to kill patients, I don't think that is popular. The will or wants of the common man no longer matter. If you can't see this then you have your head in the sand.

dennishoddy

Time will tell. Its up to the constituants to make sure their representatives know their wishes.
I've talked to several elected officials, state and national, and they have told me that emails pretty much get deleted, but letters and faxes, get noticed.
Its paper in their hand with a voters name.
When somebody drags in boxes of letters, and a news reporter is there to video it, it makes a difference.
Our state senator from my district that recently died and was a great gun supporter, told me that he has had as few as a dozen letters, emails, etc on hot topics from around the state.
People think that they elected the person because they ran on a platform of pro gun, and they will be that way for their tenure. but when they get in office, they are representatives of the people, and when an issue come up and the only response they get from the people in their district is negative to gun control, they are obligated to go that way.

OK, I know they don't have to vote that way, but in theory thats the way its supposed to happen.

If you don't want to get your **** taken away, one must become pro-active in the things that are important to you.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Any gun control legislation will die in the House. It isn't really a popular issue, it doesn't rank high with the public, and only long-serving conventional "liberal" politicians would introduce and sponsor such legislation. Which only means it would be more likely to make headlines. All this talk is really just driving a semi-macroeconomic supply/demand curve.

Bingo.

There are some legislators who have a hard-on for assault weapons with high capacity assault clips and the shoulder thing that goes up. Whatever, they'll introduce their go-nowhere bills every year.

Latest posts