Fusion Firearms Fusion Machining Tolerances

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
9062AC8B-3F34-4C45-880D-56A57D1B4669.jpeg 800D94F9-3561-4F68-8DA7-C941A6224F4C.jpeg I'm not sure if I will use a safety that I have that came off of another 1911 or buy a new one to fit to my stripped Fusion frame.
FFF71C09-BFDE-41F4-BB94-7DCD7E33CA36.jpeg

I like building stuff on the cheap but, I may buy a Fusion lower build kit instead of using the parts out of my parts box.
Including a new beaver tail grip safety.

Gunny

Fanatic
Pictured below are my new Colt 1991 Government (L) and my Fusion Govenment GI. I like my new Colt but the tolerances are definitely tighter on the Fusion.

View attachment 871
Agreed the fit on the 1991 could be considered sloppy. It is advertised as the modern equivalent of the 40's G.I. .45. The original production tolerances were intentionally 'sloppy' so all parts, regardless of maker would fit. Even so, they were/are more than sufficiently accurate for their purposes.

I have several in varied makes and price ranges. I have become extremely fond of my "bargain basement" purchase. It's a Rock Island 1911CS and it shoots like a dream. I think its the best bang for the buck (pun intended) I've ever seen.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Fusion Firearms has been around awhile...at least Bob Serva has. From my research, Bob worked for Dan Wesson when it was Wesson Firearms. He bought/took over the company and resurrected it when it struggled, then he sold it off to CZ and opened up his own shop. He was a supplier of quality 1911 parts, then moved into creation of full firearms. Recently, he has moved into the "production" version of entry level 1911's that are built with quality along with semi-custom and custom 1911's.

I picked up a slightly used semi-custom/custom from Fusion Firearms on another site. The fit and finish is great. The accuracy is great. The internal parts used are quality. The original owner had it ion-bonded in DLC, an option they offer. Fusion appears to offer a great package at price points that are competitive with other semi-custom makers out there.

Obligatory pics of my railed Fusion Pro Railed Government model....

blackout 1.JPG blackout 2.JPG

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Fusion Firearms has been around awhile...at least Bob Serva has. From my research, Bob worked for Dan Wesson when it was Wesson Firearms. He bought/took over the company and resurrected it when it struggled, then he sold it off to CZ and opened up his own shop. He was a supplier of quality 1911 parts, then moved into creation of full firearms. Recently, he has moved into the "production" version of entry level 1911's that are built with quality along with semi-custom and custom 1911's.

I picked up a slightly used semi-custom/custom from Fusion Firearms on another site. The fit and finish is great. The accuracy is great. The internal parts used are quality. The original owner had it ion-bonded in DLC, an option they offer. Fusion appears to offer a great package at price points that are competitive with other semi-custom makers out there.

Obligatory pics of my railed Fusion Pro Railed Government model....

View attachment 931 View attachment 932
That is one good looking blaster.

Latest posts