for all my buddies that do or did dip or chew

Now and then, I think about how I used to enjoy a nice dip after I eat an awesome steak or some tasty mexican dinner. I think about the memories and feelings, I dont fight them, I control them. Just smiling as I think about that first sigh after I dip, thats enough to satisfy my urge; just that smile and 10 seconds of memories.
Its ****ing empowering.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
I dipped a can a day, a pouch of redman or levi every week or more, plus smoked 2 or 3 cigs a day and was at that level of addiction for a couple of years, but had been dipping/smoking for 10 years. I used the nicotine patches and sunflower seeds / gum to get me of the stuff and it took a couple of tries before I was finally able to break the physical addiction. For the guys who can quit cold turkey, my hats off to you but I had so much nicotine in my blood that my doc had me using the highest strength patch plus the next size down for the first week my second go-round.

That was in 99 and I haven't gone back. But like Mike says, there's still times my brain says "gawd a cigarette would be good right now...."

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
Welp? just killed the last of my can, let the fight begin. Statistically it takes three weeks to break a habit, we'll see how it goes...

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
9 days strong, been chewing the hell outta some gum. I don't know if I was having withdraws or if it was a coincidence that I just happened to get sick a couple days after my last dip but I was in bad shape. Anyone else encounter anything like this?

dennishoddy

It could have been coincidence, or some withdrawals.

What helped me quit was having some dental surgery where I had to stay medicated for a couple of days, so had a little help there on the start.

Keep fighting. Its all good from here on out. :D

snapcap

Active Fanatic
mtnman1 said:
9 days strong, been chewing the hell outta some gum. I don't know if I was having withdraws or if it was a coincidence that I just happened to get sick a couple days after my last dip but I was in bad shape. Anyone else encounter anything like this?
You've got it licked now! No looking back. At this stage when I quit I was chewing on toothpicks, sunflower seeds, beef jerky and would periodically take a shot of Listerine, (really, the Listerine strips) because it seemed to help. It's been 14 months and I don't even think about it now.

Howd I miss this! Good job keep driving!

What positive habit are you going to replace it with?

Matt Washburn said:
My last dip was about 6 weeks ago and i still get a twitch in the morning and after dinner.
keep it up, it gets better!!!

Latest posts