First time running a match. Time plus help... On paper score sheet

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
As title says. First time running a match at our club. Anyone have a copy of a paper score sheet time plus scoring?

Or what should I have on it? I know the day of paper score sheets are dead. It's all i have to work with. We have nothing electronic, I pads, kindle, computers at the club.

I'm wanting to do a 5 stage 2 gun pistol and shotgun match. Or do the 5 stages pistol knock paper down and add clay in place and do side match of 5 stage shotgun.

It's going to be alot of steel and I'm using idpa targets. All I have besides clays.

I'm thinking mandatory pistol and a few shotgun targets then the rest with whatever gun you see fit. That way if someone comes out with a non race equipment they can still play. Say 4 or 5 clays for shotgun. alot of steel either go and 6-8 idpa paper targets for pistol.

Just need help coming up with a time plus sheet to have for this match. I don't know what all I need listed. I've never ran this type of match. It's the first shotgun/pistol match we've had In a few years. Really first action pistol in 4 years.

Mainly looking for something easy to mark down time and penalties. Idpa add time, fte, miss, procedural, anything else?

Classes I'm thinking are tactical, 10 round pistol, 8 round shotgun. Or if not tactical call it basic, 10 Rd pistol and 5 round pump shotgun. Limited semi auto shotgun, no limits on pistol beside mag 140 double stack and 170 single stack, no optics, then open for the dot and comp guys.

Any help on figuring out how to keep score on paper or coming up with a score sheet would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to make something work at our club that we don't have. We can get fancy later... Need to crawl and get feet wet, get a few Shooters to show up before I can spend money on digital score keeping. Hope you all understand. Thanks for taking the time to read this post that probably makes no sense... Hahaha

Latest posts