FINALLY found a belt that works....

Teufelhunde

Fanatic
I'm one of those guys that suffers from a combination of Dunlop disease and noassatol..... I have the worst time finding the sweet spot in a belt to where my holster, gun and pants don't sag, yet it is not squeezing the life out of me, even with a belt that has 3/4" hole spacing. I've also tried the tacti-cool d-ring and velcro belts and while they work pretty well, they loosen up as the day goes on......

Yesterday, I received my belt/buckle that I had ordered from ratchetgunbelt.com The belt is not quite as thick as you will find with most gun belts, it is not a quarter inch thick, but is very stiff and extremely well made. With it's ratcheting system, you have 1/4" adjustment available. Finally, a belt that I can adjust just where I want it.

BTW, they offer a military, veteran, and first responder discount of $15 on each belt but you have to email them (it is not shown on the website).

As Always, YMMV

Lon

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like a great design idea. Im generally very content with a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch, but its always great to try something new

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Any chance you could post a photo of the Bigfoot belt and the RBG with a bit of space between them?

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch for all occasions. Best damn gun belt I've ever encountered. I've been using my black 5 Stitch everyday for 5-6 years, and she's going strong. No indication of any need to replace it in the near future. ymmv.

Teufelhunde

Fanatic
Any chance you could post a photo of the Bigfoot belt and the RBG with a bit of space between them?
Bigfoot on top, couple of shots of the buckle. It IS rather large, but not obnoxiously so. If the belt were any thicker, the buckle would have to be HUGE. The plastic strip with the ratchets on it runs full length, so it helps to stiffen it up a bit. Not as stiff as the Bigfoot, but stiff enough to do its job.....

Lon

Attachments

• DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC00108.JPG
    DSC00108.JPG

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
Bigfoot on top, couple of shots of the buckle. It IS rather large, but not obnoxiously so. If the belt were any thicker, the buckle would have to be HUGE. The plastic strip with the ratchets on it runs full length, so it helps to stiffen it up a bit. Not as stiff as the Bigfoot, but stiff enough to do its job.....

Lon
Nice. I'm a real fan of belts without holes. I've been using a fabric, zip tie-style belt from Nexbelt for a year or so. It's pretty good but I need more options. Glad to see these types of belts/buckles becoming more popular.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I use a Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch for all occasions. Best damn gun belt I've ever encountered. I've been using my black 5 Stitch everyday for 5-6 years, and she's going strong. No indication of any need to replace it in the near future. ymmv.

Same here....Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch....my everyday belt for the past 5 years also....great belt...only had to replace to get a....ahum....LARGER size.....

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
CrossBreed makes the Founder's Series Crossover Gun Belt. It is infinitely adjustable using a splined roller; similar to fabric military belt buckle but much beefier with quality leather. No holes to stretch either.
Excellent belt!

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I got a package deal from Crossbreed a while ago, holster,duel mag.pouch and belt for 30%off.A good belt really makes a bid difference.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have the Crossbreed belts myself....good sturdy belts....I like mine alot.

Latest posts