Ejector Tuning

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Naw......just don't buy the BS done makers try to shovel.

I had some ejection pattern problems when I was shooting some anemic reloads from Freedom Munitions. I switched to some Fiocchi and blazer 124 gr . It kicks them out fine now all in the same direction and with authority. My buddies Springfield range officer runs great on it too.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Cheaper low pressure ammo will cause issues as well.
I noticed the blue bullet in the OP's picture, indicative a a home made load. Just out of curiosity , does the gun do the same with quality factory ammo( not suggesting your hand loads are not quality)? If you are running a reduced PF load (velocity X bullet weight), that may be a contributing factor. Also, if running a lighter load, you may need to experiment with recoil springs. I can get my ejection pattern to change simply by increasing or decreasing the weight of the recoil spring.

YMMV

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
I brought this same question up on the DW subforum on 1911.com mainly because I was wondering if any other PM9 owners were having this issue. Keith who is with DW waded in. See link:

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=988942
Wow. The response from Keith is uncharachteristic and extremely disappointing. I was on the verge of picking up an ECP, but I'm going to need confirmation from DW that they can tune the ejection properly. If I "got lucky" with my 5" PM9 , that's great. But I didn't think I was playing the lottery with DW.

Thanks for posting Baldwin.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I wonder if Keith will be writing DW's next add for 9mm 1911 pistols. Very inspiring. Very disappointing response from him.

Alex Gyorko

New Fanatic
I had the same problem with a Valor Commander 9mm. I ended up putting in a WC bullet proof extractor. Solved all my issues.

Latest posts