Edmond firearm discharge rules/laws

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
I have some property east of I-35 in the Covell-Midwest Blvd area and was wondering if it was legal to shoot out there still. I have 17 acres and the land behind it is family owned as well. There are no houses past our barns so any arbitrary "300 feet" or whatever rules shouldn't be an issue.

Years ago it was no big deal, everything east of I35 was open, but I can't find any information on it now. I hear the Edmond police range which isn't too far away and want to add my own music to the mix.

I really hope it is ok as the family (I got out voted) is selling the good (for shooting) Logan County land.

Any info is appreciated.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
If you are not north of Waterloo I think they can mess with you. In Logan county it is perfectly fine unless you are found to be shooting unsafely. I believe Covell and Midwest will put you in Okla. county and Edmond city limits. If it is not legal and you have scared nieghbors adjoining you ,you may have problems. Check with the Edmond police or Okla. county sheriff.

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Just heard Biden on TV about thirty minutes ago stating every one who wanted a self defense firearm should get a double barrel shot gun. Then he stated. " just shoot it outside a couple times and no one will bother you." :O Seriously? I didn't here him say anything about in or out of city limits. Ha I haven't heard any shots fired yet.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Thats what is wrong with this country. A chicken $hit like him says something and too many people take it as gospel.

Fleche

Well-Known Fanatic
It is in Edmond city limits but I can't find if there were changes to the law. Edmond PD knew that in the past it was ok, but weren't sure now. Time to write the city attorney I guess.

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
I think he was just mocking those who believe in the Second Amendment beyond a shot gun. Probably a bad joke. I don't read the Enquirer, but some of the stuff that comes from O Biden belongs there.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
8.12.020 - Discharging firearms.
It is unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm in the city except when doing so in line of duty, when lawfully doing so in defense of oneself, of another person or of property or when otherwise authorized by this code or any law or ordinance. It is unlawful to discharge an air rifle or BB gun in the City. Any person violating the provisions of this Section shall be deemed guilty of an offense and punished for a Class A offense as set forth in Section 2.56.210. (1954 Code § 248; Ord. 2513, § 31, Oct. 11, 1999)

The next thing to do is figure out if you are in the Edmond city limits or not (I am pretty sure you are)

Mike (scubor2) and I live in Logan County and we send rounds over each others house all the time....good times

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Edmond city limits go east to westminster. you can shoot on your land. my buddy has the same problem. he is on westminster ( the west side) and cant shoot on his land either.

Tomdoughman

Active Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Mike (scubor2) and I live in Logan County and we send rounds over each others house all the time....good times

I think you guys must live by me. Sometimes I think the cartels are having it out to the north of me.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Nah, it's just rival meth labs, business as usual. :vinsent: We were accusing each other today too. :codemafia:

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
ToolBox said:
Edmond city limits go east to westminster. you can shoot on your land. my buddy has the same problem. he is on westminster ( the west side) and cant shoot on his land either.
sorry for the typo. "Cant shoot on your land"

Latest posts