Deuces Dropped

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Taccom Dual Load 8-up. I also got a 4-up just need to get a Tek Lok on it

20140425_162459_zpsc6e538e2.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
When using the load 2 (or quad load) is it best to always grab the shells closest to your midline first?

PS: Mike, eff you......... :)

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
When using the load 2 (or quad load) is it best to always grab the shells closest to your midline first?
I was told if you are using your left hand to lod you should start loading from the farthest right side of the shells, if you are using your right hand to load(like me) you should start from the farthest left side of the shells, so you always reach for the same spot and then just drag your cupped hand until you grab a set of shells and load them.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That's what Burki taught me. Work from the Middle back on dueces and keep them vertical so they are easy to find. With quads it's harder to pop the shells out when they are straight up so I can't mine a bit. Someday I'll practice more with them vertically and go that route with quads too.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I will debut these at the OKCGC 3-gun match in May IF I can find a place to put the other 4-up on my belt. Maybe Kurt will be nice to us and make it another shotgun loading friendly match...........

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
If you start eating a lot more and drinking more beer, having room on your belt won't be an issue. I could put 6 or 7 of those things just on one side.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I traded the 8-up for (2) 4-ups. (three total caddies for 12 total plus whats in the gun) I think these will work better so I can cant each carrier slightly and it won't get in the way as much as the 8-up did.

Now time for some "deuces" practice

20140505_125645_zps8ffecb96.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I started practicing loading deuces last night. Knowing that I wasn't going to be blazing fast on my first session, I started with a par time of 8 second for 8 shells. After about 15-20 minutes I was able to load 8 and get back on target pretty easily. I really like this loading method. I will start trimming down the par time and try to get down in the 6 second range. I only had (2) 4-up caddies rigged up to practice with. After I get another Tek-Lok from Tony I will add a third on and start loading 12.

Maybe 12 in 8 seconds?

20140513_190927_zps881578a0.jpg

45recoil

likes to party
12 in 5 sec is do-able. Move those shells closer to centerline so you can add another shell holder without having to reach around to your back.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jared Carpenter said:
12 in 5 sec is do-able. Move those shells closer to centerline so you can add another shell holder without having to reach around to your back.
I dont think so Jared. Are you talking about load 2 or quad load?

45recoil

likes to party
Dueces. In a real match probably unlikely since loading 12 would require to nearly run gun dry and have a +9 ext tube. But practicing in living room to build the speed of mechanics to load has its merit. Load 12 in 5 sec is do-able

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jared Carpenter said:
Dueces. In a real match probably unlikely since loading 12 would require to nearly run gun dry and have a +9 ext tube. But practicing in living room to build the speed of mechanics to load has its merit. Load 12 in 5 sec is do-able
By who? I dont doubt you brother but I want to see it. I dont think I could grab 12 out of the caddies and throw them on the ground in 5 seconds

Latest posts