Damn 3 gunners!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay guys look! You don't need a "fully tricked" Benelly to win. all one needs is a welded up lifter and an extention. The rest is just gravy! I have won the English shotgun open 5 years in a row with a stock Benelli and only in the last year was the lifter welded up. All the things Jesse says you need is ok but to race it simply isn't needed. Now I will say it is NICE and after you get one it can slowly be made into the super cool gun you want, but you DON'T need all the shizzle Jesse talks and talks and talks about!

The CZ shows a lot of merit, and I will extend this offer to anyone who wants it. I want to play with one. I am willing to do all the cool tricks and mods to it that I think it would need, just to see how amenable to 3-gun I can make one. If I screw it up, I will pay for it. If it turns out nice, it is free.I just want to see. KurtM

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Now I will say it is NICE and after you get one it can slowly be made into the super cool gun you want, but you DON'T need all the shizzle Jesse talks and talks and talks about!

Heck I always say you don't even need a shotgun to shoot 3 gun. You can use mine!

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I just want to say that nobody is gonna win a damn thing sitting behind a keyboard talking about it. Just come out and shoot!!! You can spend all the money in the world on this gear or that and it doesn't mean a thing until the all important step one gets accomplished.

jtischauser

I just want to say that nobody is gonna win a damn thing sitting behind a keyboard talking about it. Just come out and shoot!!! You can spend all the money in the world on this gear or that and it doesn't mean a thing until the all important step one gets accomplished.

Yep! Just ask Brandon.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
The CZ shows a lot of merit, and I will extend this offer to anyone who wants it. I want to play with one. I am willing to do all the cool tricks and mods to it that I think it would need, just to see how amenable to 3-gun I can make one. If I screw it up, I will pay for it. If it turns out nice, it is free.I just want to see. KurtM

That is an amazing offer! If Big Boys still has one I may pick it up this week just to take you up on that!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Rustyzx9, I'm behind this computer due to a surgery on my knee 2 weeks ago, trust me I've never spent this much time on this dang box! talked to the doc today and he said after 6-8 weeks I should be good to go :D

KurtM, you sure you'd want to take on the challenge of the CZ? If Billy D doesn't get one I might just go pick the one I know of up and let you do your magic! shoot me your phone number in a PM and I'll try to get with Billy D and we can work out if he is going to get one since he chimed in first it would only be fair to give him first dibs.

Billy D, check your PM's

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Rustyzx9, I'm behind this computer due to a surgery on my knee 2 weeks ago, trust me I've never spent this much time on this dang box! talked to the doc today and he said after 6-8 weeks I should be good to go :D

KurtM, you sure you'd want to take on the challenge of the CZ? If Billy D doesn't get one I might just go pick the one I know of up and let you do your magic! shoot me your phone number in a PM and I'll try to get with Billy D and we can work out if he is going to get one since he chimed in first it would only be fair to give him first dibs.

Billy D, check your PM's

Ksmirk, my comments were not directed at you specifically. If I offended you I appologize, this was not my intent. My point is that there are lots of people talking about getting this or that in order to get started. All a guy needs to get started is to show up. There are tons of us willing to lend gear and offer up our experiences all in an effort to get poeple shooting and having fun in this sport.

I see guys every match shooting their bird guns and having a great time! Hell, my Benelli is supposed to be the crappiest setup ever for 3gun but it works for me. lol.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Rustyzx9, Na I didn't take offense! I've got to thick of skin for that ;) I just know that I'm really wanting to give this 3-gun a shot and figure to ask as many questions as I can so I have a better idea on what I need to do. Looks like I need to get up and make a trip to pick up a shotgun in the am then get with KurtM and see where we go.

I know there seems to be some interest in these shotguns as a blue collar entry shotgun and well the AR is not going to cost near as much as I had thought so I figure I'll get the CZ, let KurtM play with it and take it out and let some of you fella's give it a run as I have at LEAST 6 weeks before I can even start to put much strain on this knee. This way I can get to know some of ya and get a better handle on what I need as for gear and goodies. I'll try my best to keep up with some photos as the progress wears on.

Guys you have been a freakin' mess of help and I appreciate it greatly! you have cost me some money but oh well I should make some more next week :blink: Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Aw hell! Jesse you still have that hoveround? might need to modify it with some gun racks since I don't have all my goodies together just yet :) I'd even let you video it LMAO but everyone would have to let me borrow stuff :huh:

Guys I have a feeling this is going to get fun! expensive but fun. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well all the process has started! saw lots of smiles from KurtM too! this is looking to be promissing to say the least :D Later,

Kirk

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
All righty, First, Big thanks to Kirk for leaping off the cliff and supplying the 712 CZ utility gun. Got done looking it over very carefully and doing the basic Mr. Weakhand mods and I will say so far this is leaps and bounds better than anything else on the market in this price range....Hell it is better than stuff twice as expensive. We are waiting on a tube, welded up lifter and I am going to do a few other things in the mean time. If it shows that it is durable after a bunch of shooting, it is going to take off like a rocket for the 3-gun crowd. Now DON'T go getting all het up, because all this is preliminary and it needs lots of rounds through it to see if anything is goingto break, but so far.... :D :D :13: :13:

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
No, and HELL NO!!! And Thank GOD!!!! The oversized bolt handle is complete CRAP!! There is NO shotgun out there that needs one, and they only cause problems. Matter of fact I run a Benelli handle on mine that I pared down A BUNCH!! No shotgun needs a BIG charging handle...but take that for what it,s worth I have only been playing with these things since 1990, and I am sure all you "tacticool" guys know much better than I about a shotgun. Is a big bolt handle a dick extention??? :lol: :lol:

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
No, and HELL NO!!! And Thank GOD!!!! The oversized bolt handle is complete CRAP!! There is NO shotgun out there that needs one, and they only cause problems. Matter of fact I run a Benelli handle on mine that I pared down A BUNCH!! No shotgun needs a BIG charging handle...but take that for what it,s worth I have only been playing with these things since 1990, and I am sure all you "tacticool" guys know much better than I about a shotgun. Is a big bolt handle a dick extention??? :lol: :lol:

This is great! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jtischauser

I have the sudden urge to get a bigger bolt handle. I wonder if I can epoxy my Benelli handle to my Magpul vertical foregrip and use that?

Latest posts