Damn 3 gunners!

Chambers

actual GM
You can find used vent rib M1s for around $600. Get the welder lifted, and add a Nordic tube and you're out of the gate for around $700.

JT...I don't think I've fired 2,000 shotshells my entire life. You're going to crush it in MO.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I found a CZ712 in town and played with it a bit and I'll have to say I was not too impressed, first off couldn't get the bolt to stay open, the bolt release pin was like a .250 dia pin stuck in a .375 dia hole kinda sloppy in my eyes, looked like it might be a touch difficult to load fast without some work but overall I didn't get to fire the thing but I could have walked out the door with it on the cheap!

I did see a shotgun that I found interesting though, it was a Franchi I-12, the triggerguard was well ugly but it was an inertia action like the Benelli's. I didn't get to tear the two apart to find out if it were the same or not but that's the first I've seen or heard of an inertia Franchi but then again Benelli does own them now.

Looked at some Benelli's and lets just say it was a puckering thing! looked at an M2, M3 which was kinda cool pump or semi, and the M4 but they all had those big clunky sights and after looking at them I feel they might get in the way but would be awesome for shooting slugs. Oh well I think I'm going to do a little research on the I-12, they were in the $700 range and had a 24" barrel :) Later,

Kirk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Kirk, you should scan Gunbroker and anywhere else as often as possible to find a Benelli. You can easily find an FFL to transfer it. Hell, Sooner Pawn sponsors this site and they claim a $10 transfer fee. Sounds like you have plenty of time to search, and if you're lucky Jesse might find one and notify you about it.

I just mention this because I got a Benelli and its action is an AMAZING piece of mechanics, possibly better than a Hi-Power. It's the ugliest and newest gun I have, got it used, but it's already my favorite. I would bide time and wait for one. If I were you I'd take up Jesse's offer and shoot his, too.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I have plenty of time to research shotguns since the doc won't let me go back to work for another 2 weeks <_< let's just hope he doesn't change his mond and make it longer Friday! today was the first day my truck started and I drove around in 2 weeks been stuck in this chair bothering good people on message boards :lol:

I put things in order last night and the AR WILL be completed before I get a shotgun! I just have to wait a bit and get the LPK, bolt and carrier, and a couple of other goodies then wait on the barrel to get here. I think I have figured out the optics so it's a get when there is money in the account.

When the time comes and I get a chance to run Jesse's M1 I'll get crazy and see what strings I can pull to get one in my hands! I might see if I can borrow or run some practice 3-gun stages when the knee gets healthy and I can check out a few shotguns if I can find some willing 3-guners to talk into letting me try some shotguns so I can make a good choice. Later,

Kirk

Feegee

The Magic Man
I need some guidance.... Should I get the m2 tactical ( I found one at h&h for $1029 no pistol grip and rifle sights) or a semi auto mossburg for $550, and get some trigger work on my xdm and a cr speed belt??? I got $1150 I saved up to spend.... Maybe the used m1 heck I don't know what to do

Chambers

actual GM
If you wanted to spend all of that $1,150 you could buy a used M1 right AND have it Accurate Ironed...lightened bolt, relieved loading port, etc. (Basically all the mods you see on the $2,200 Salient M2).

Like I said in post #23, you don't NEED all of that to be competitive.

Used Benelli's are too cheap to even look at anything else. I feel like the 3-gunners here are all starting to sound like broken records.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Ok used m1 it is then thanks for all the help guys I am still a noob so sorry if I ask some of the same questions twice. Is gun broker a reliable source to buy a gun from?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Gunbroker is reliable. If you haven't ordered online before, you need to get an FFL holder to receive the firearm in shipping, and do the transfer. You'll need to get a copy of their license to the person or business that you're buying from. It will work itself out, gun people are pretty helpful.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Ok used m1 it is then thanks for all the help guys I am still a noob so sorry if I ask some of the same questions twice. Is gun broker a reliable source to buy a gun from?

Never apologize for asking too many questions! Thats why this forum exists. I have bought at least 10 guns off gunbroker. The only trouble I have had was an excellent condition gun in the sellers opinion was a good condition gun in my opinion.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
I know where there is a new 21" vent rib M2 black synthetic with comfortech if anyone is interested, I know most people are looking for used but thought I would throw that out there.

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
I know where there is a new 21" vent rib M2 black synthetic with comfortech if anyone is interested, I know most people are looking for used but thought I would throw that out there.
I was looking for a new M2 24" but would consider a 21"

Wes

jtischauser

Do you realize that 21" barrel is worth A's much A's the gun itself right now? Pm me where and I'll pick it up today.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Seems this little question has started a mess! oh well lot's of good information and I have to offer a big thanks to all that have helped to turn me to the dark side damn-it :huh:

I was over at my buddies that helps me build my rifles and he ask about the AR and ask what all I had left to do, I said mostly the LPK, bolt and carrier he said bring it over next time and we would put it together! didn't know he has been playing with the AR's and he has some spare parts that we can work a deal out on! great friends are awesome to have around.

We did some talking about shotguns and he seemed interested in the 3-gun and found out tonight he's a hell of a shotgunner and knows as much about shotguns as rifles, said we might have to put together a shotgun for me to try out but I'd have to buy the parts, I'm in so much trouble since I have started looking at this 3-gun stuff! Later

Kirk

jtischauser

Seems this little question has started a mess! oh well lot's of good information and I have to offer a big thanks to all that have helped to turn me to the dark side damn-it :huh:

I was over at my buddies that helps me build my rifles and he ask about the AR and ask what all I had left to do, I said mostly the LPK, bolt and carrier he said bring it over next time and we would put it together! didn't know he has been playing with the AR's and he has some spare parts that we can work a deal out on! great friends are awesome to have around.

We did some talking about shotguns and he seemed interested in the 3-gun and found out tonight he's a hell of a shotgunner and knows as much about shotguns as rifles, said we might have to put together a shotgun for me to try out but I'd have to buy the parts, I'm in so much trouble since I have started looking at this 3-gun stuff! Later

Kirk

I'd be curious to learn how to put together a shotgun. I guess a Saiga is a build sorta of.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It's not really BUILDING a shotgun as much as it is making the pieces work like they should ;) he is a pretty damn good clays guy and knows a mess of shotgun guru's with YEARS of knowledge of those little tricks that work. The only thing he was curious about was if his buddy had the tools to cut a barrel down and add choke tubes but we should know in a few days. We have all the resources to get the work done now I just have to get this AR complete so we can play with a shotty. It's not going to be a Benelli as well truth that's just not in my budget today or will it be in the next 6 months BUT it will get me in the game to try it out and see how I like 3-gun.

Question, do I need to have the ability to shoot 3" shells? and what are the main rounds used in 3-gun in the shotgun? I'm guessing #6, buck, and slugs but thought I would ask. Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

we only shoot 2 3/4" shells. Mostly 7 1/2 or 8 shot. I run AA 1300 fps super sporting clays loads in matches and the cheap walmart stuff for practice. We shoot an occasional slug or buckshot. We use low recoil slugs and low recoil 9 pellet buckshot.

Latest posts